PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: Sprint

airibis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to airibis
Sprint Technician broke my phone EVEN MORE

Warning, Rant ahead (I am informing you in advance to prevent lame post about me ranting)

Need a solution to this problem

So I was having some power issues with my Touch Pro. It would randomly power off through out the day and my voicemails would just stack up.

So I had a day off yesterday and decided to take my phone into the sprint store to fix the issue.

(i live 1 hour away from the nearest sprint repair shop)
I explained my problem to them, they asked if there was anything wrong with it; and I pointed out the rainbow smear spot (she said alot of people come in for the smear spot)

so I wait an hour and come back, they didnt mention anything about the power issue, they just replaced the screen with a new one.

Well here is the problem, First the new screen they put on is HORRIBLE with touch response, I have to press fairly hard for anything to react. Secondly when she pieced the phone back together she off set the 4 button pannel at the bottom.

Now the Home and Phone buttons are sticking up well beyond the edge of the phone, I can stick my finger nail, even a pencil tip in between the gap. It worries me to have it in my pocket now because how easily those buttons could break off.

you can see all the bend marks from the tools she used to replace the screen. and the edge of the screen is a completely different color now, its a bright silver.. not a dark black at all.

I spent enough money on this phone that I should have to deal with this piece of *crap* they gave back to me.

And to top it all off....

They never even touched the issue with the powering down randomly... MY PHONE STILL DOES IT. (tried 3 different batteries )

I have had multiple problems with this store, and there seems to be no other solution for me.

They are ordering me a refurbished unit, however I still have to make the hour trip out there to pick it up, they refuse to mail it to a official sprint store closer to me.

At&Ts 69$ 450 min plans matches that of sprints.... and I can leave the door with a refurb iphone 3g for 99$

then would just sell my Sero plan and TP (sero plan 30$ for 500 mins, however I have 900 mins for the next 2 year and 20$ off... So $10 a month for 900 mins, unlimited txt and data... anyone want it?????)

Last edited by NinjaMom; 06-29-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Edit out bypass of language filter - Please do not do it again.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:19 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint Technician broke my phone EVEN MORE

why dont you do an advanced exchange over the phone with tech support. IF you live that far away from a service and repair center, they will send a replacement via UPS.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

you have a pm
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

thezboee is a n00b

Ya, I can't believe Sprint has people coming in for their 4th, 5th or even 6th TP and haven't done anything about it yet. There seems to be a plethora of problems with it (I just ordered a refurb because my keyboard doesn't work). But as long as they have people willing to dish out for the TP, I guess they have no incentive to fix it, especially because they're just handing out refurbs to people who have problems.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@ airibis, which store did you take it to? The only repair centers I know of in Toledo are Airport and Reynolds and the shop on Monroe.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quick question about your power issue...is the battery making good contact with the terminals inside the phone? If I disconnect my battery, the phone stays completely off even if the battery is replaced (until I press the power button). So if you have a bad connection, it would cause the problem you're seeing. If course it might be a loose wire inside the phone, but it never hurts to quickly check the battery terminals for dirt, corrosion, or bent pins.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Also, when they replaced the screen did they (or you) recalibrate it using the screen control panel?
Old 06-29-2009, 06:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Professional

simon21 is a n00b

for $10 a month why not just keep it and get a phone that works and use it as a backup, and also get the iphone
Old 06-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon21 View Post
for $10 a month why not just keep it and get a phone that works and use it as a backup, and also get the iphone
this post definitely deserves to be flamed, this is where your post belongs
Old 06-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

the prob with selling your plan is you never know how honest the person you give it to will be.... assuming it'll have to stay in your name until the contract is up you may get some 1 that goes wayyyyyyyyy over the minutes costing you an arm leg foot and Micheal Jackson's nose...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro