PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   will hard reset erase all contacts? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73196)

vinnyt225 06-29-2009 01:11 PM

will hard reset erase all contacts?

will hard reset erase all contacts?

BRIVERS73 06-29-2009 01:12 PM

Re: will hard reset erase all contacts?

Yes it will... Perform a backup with Activesync, PIM Backup or some other form of backup app to save them before a hard reset

wILLk0r3 818 06-29-2009 01:13 PM

Yes it sure will. Use PIM backup and you will never be let down with saving your contacts, messages, appointments, etc. =D

thezboee 06-29-2009 01:17 PM

Of course that means we hope you haven't hard reset it already!

vinnyt225 06-29-2009 02:44 PM

cool guys thanks! now where is it saved if i used active sync with my computer??? and PIM backup saves all the contacts??

MadlyAlive 06-29-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinnyt225 (Post 1004040)
cool guys thanks! now where is it saved if i used active sync with my computer??? and PIM backup saves all the contacts??

If you use AS with your computer, you need to have Outlook with a mail profile setup (it could just be a dummy one setup without any real account info).

If you use PIM backup, you can choose where the backup gets stored. Store it to your SD card or your main memory and then transfer the file over to your PC and once you hard reset, move the file back over and restore.

jdmsleepr 06-29-2009 02:50 PM

if you use active sync...it is going to be the pim.vol file on the root of your phone!! make a copy of this file and put it on you SD card...you can use SASHIMI or UC to put your copy back onto the phone after a hard reset or rom flash...

cheers!!

ChaosTheory 06-29-2009 03:08 PM

I recommend Dashwire (www.dashwire.com) or MS My Phone (www.myphone.microsoft.com) Both of these programs allow you to backup your contacts, as well as quite a bit of additional info such as pictures, texts, calendar, call history (dashwire only), plus the added benifit you can sync them to your phone whenver you have a data or WiFi connection.

shellguy 06-29-2009 04:03 PM

I have used the MS My Phone and it works great..

Will

jmorton10 06-29-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 1004087)
I recommend Dashwire (www.dashwire.com) or MS My Phone (www.myphone.microsoft.com)

As long as none of your info is private.

Personally, I would never put all this info on a public server when it just as easy to back it up/restore it yourself.

~John