PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

rtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgrade my Radio??

I am a Sprint Touch Pro user and have flashed a lot of ROMs in the past. But, never upgraded my Radio. I am still on V1.03.15F - Shipped Version. Should I upgrade my radio to V1.11.00F? Would I get better reception and/or internet speeds and/or better battery life? Or is it like the ROMs - try them all to see which one works the best for you..?

Please suggest any other radio if you think that's better...

Sorry for the noob question.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:50 PM
kadukuchelu

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Upgrade my Radio??

The factors are diffrent for everyone diffrent locations and all the best way to determine the best radio for you is thru trial and error ther is a sticky up above that is very informative I suggest to try each radio out for a full day and compare results
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HERO

Leukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well, it's debatable, but some people suggest that your location has something to do with it. But i'd say it's like roms. You should just try a few. Most people like sprints V1.11.00F and the Telus radio, but go ahead and try them since it doesn't hard reset your device. You can put all of the signed_RUU's of the radios on your sd card and name them all appropriately, and rename one to RAPHIMG and go into bootloader and flash it that way, and do that with all of them to see which one you like
Old 06-29-2009, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leukay View Post
Well, it's debatable, but some people suggest that your location has something to do with it. But i'd say it's like roms. You should just try a few. Most people like sprints V1.11.00F and the Telus radio, but go ahead and try them since it doesn't hard reset your device. You can put all of the signed_RUU's of the radios on your sd card and name them all appropriately, and rename one to RAPHIMG and go into bootloader and flash it that way, and do that with all of them to see which one you like
So, I can put a Telus Radio on my Sprint Touch Pro? Will I still be using the Sprint EVDO data connection?
Old 06-29-2009, 12:59 PM
kadukuchelu

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

yes that is correct I have used it and it does get evdo
Old 06-29-2009, 12:59 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

It is a controversy, I personally have not noticed a bit of difference in the radio's, but the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) has made the difference. (You know that list inside your phone that tells the radio what towers to look for/use...)

A usuall rule of thumb I use is that the latest PRL is the best. Only once have I had to back down to an older PRL and that was in my early vogue days.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
It is a controversy, I personally have not noticed a bit of difference in the radio's, but the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) has made the difference. (You know that list inside your phone that tells the radio what towers to look for/use...)

A usuall rule of thumb I use is that the latest PRL is the best. Only once have I had to back down to an older PRL and that was in my early vogue days.
How do I update to the latest PRL?
Old 06-29-2009, 01:22 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
How do I update to the latest PRL?
A quick search brought up the following topics...
https://forum.ppcgeeks.com/gtsearch....pdate+prl#1420
Old 06-29-2009, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
A quick search brought up the following topics...
https://forum.ppcgeeks.com/gtsearch....pdate+prl#1420
I am using MightyROM5 with WM 6.5 and I don't see the icon for Update PRL in my Settings. That's why I asked.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
I am using MightyROM5 with WM 6.5 and I don't see the icon for Update PRL in my Settings. That's why I asked.
Install this

Stupid question on my part... just run the prl update for the latest...

If u get error 1012 soft reset and run the prl ASAP

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 06-29-2009 at 01:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro