PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rlmentz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Want Media Player to only find my music files

When using media player and updating the library, it scans the whole device and the memory card. This causes it to find all the sound effect files for various programs. I keep all my music in one folder on the memory card. Is there a way to make media player only look in a folder and any sub folders? I have been messing around with this for a couple of weeks, and unless there is a registry key I can hard set, I have not found anyway to do this. I know I can build a media list, but I would prefer to limit the programs field of view.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:43 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr
Re: Want Media Player to only find my music files

with tcpmp u can make playlists by selecting any directory u choose, so if all your music is in /sd/music, u can just click dir, then that folder and its done, plus it skips music tracks really really fast

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
with tcpmp u can make playlists by selecting any directory u choose, so if all your music is in /sd/music, u can just click dir, then that folder and its done, plus it skips music tracks really really fast

I have used tcpmp before, but it does not work with voice command, which is why i have been sticking with media player.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

enzyme is just getting started

I guess you can just delete those items out of the library. But that is not a permanent solution because you'd probably be updating the library quite often.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzyme View Post
I guess you can just delete those items out of the library. But that is not a permanent solution because you'd probably be updating the library quite often.

Thats what I have been doing so far. And your right, every time I update the library it finds all the files i removed.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wait a minute, do you keep a copy of your windows folder on the storage card? Lets say you erase everything in the library, then choose storage card as library, when you update library again, it should only bring up media found on the storage card only. Unless you are also keeping custom tones in the storage card.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018

i think thats the problem. heres what you do. if its not ALOT of sound effect files go through and find the location. cut that folder and paste it to the device itself not storage card. after that. you can delete them from the library and you'll be good. if it keeps finding them again. theres a file somehwere that you can delete which will remove the search settings and do the scan over again which should only show the remaining files.

hope that helped
GL
Old 06-30-2009, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Also make sure if youre keeping a copy of the Windows folder, keep it on a desktop not in the storage card.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

skilledone is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmentz View Post
When using media player and updating the library, it scans the whole device and the memory card. This causes it to find all the sound effect files for various programs. I keep all my music in one folder on the memory card. Is there a way to make media player only look in a folder and any sub folders? I have been messing around with this for a couple of weeks, and unless there is a registry key I can hard set, I have not found anyway to do this. I know I can build a media list, but I would prefer to limit the programs field of view.

I was looking around myself as well. If I ever figure it out, I will PM you.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for all the replies. I do not keep a copy of the windows directory on the card. But I have quite a few game programs installed to the memory card. As far as I can see, the only thing i can do is install the games to the device and delete the folder for the games on the card. It seems that there are 2 libraries media player searches. The memory card and the device itself. That just seems ludicrous to me, that there is no option to search the card only, or even the ability to set the music root directory. Maybe im the only one that thinks the music files should only be on the memory card .

Lilbitz, do you know what file you are refering to?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro