PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Want Media Player to only find my music files (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73160)

rlmentz 06-29-2009 12:33 AM

Want Media Player to only find my music files

When using media player and updating the library, it scans the whole device and the memory card. This causes it to find all the sound effect files for various programs. I keep all my music in one folder on the memory card. Is there a way to make media player only look in a folder and any sub folders? I have been messing around with this for a couple of weeks, and unless there is a registry key I can hard set, I have not found anyway to do this. I know I can build a media list, but I would prefer to limit the programs field of view.

t0mmyr 06-29-2009 12:43 AM

Re: Want Media Player to only find my music files

with tcpmp u can make playlists by selecting any directory u choose, so if all your music is in /sd/music, u can just click dir, then that folder and its done, plus it skips music tracks really really fast

rlmentz 06-29-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t0mmyr (Post 1003179)
with tcpmp u can make playlists by selecting any directory u choose, so if all your music is in /sd/music, u can just click dir, then that folder and its done, plus it skips music tracks really really fast

I have used tcpmp before, but it does not work with voice command, which is why i have been sticking with media player.

enzyme 06-29-2009 02:10 AM

I guess you can just delete those items out of the library. But that is not a permanent solution because you'd probably be updating the library quite often.

rlmentz 06-29-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enzyme (Post 1003322)
I guess you can just delete those items out of the library. But that is not a permanent solution because you'd probably be updating the library quite often.

Thats what I have been doing so far. And your right, every time I update the library it finds all the files i removed.

enzyme 06-30-2009 12:14 AM

Wait a minute, do you keep a copy of your windows folder on the storage card? Lets say you erase everything in the library, then choose storage card as library, when you update library again, it should only bring up media found on the storage card only. Unless you are also keeping custom tones in the storage card.

lilbitz_1018 06-30-2009 01:25 AM

i think thats the problem. heres what you do. if its not ALOT of sound effect files go through and find the location. cut that folder and paste it to the device itself not storage card. after that. you can delete them from the library and you'll be good. if it keeps finding them again. theres a file somehwere that you can delete which will remove the search settings and do the scan over again which should only show the remaining files.

hope that helped
GL

enzyme 06-30-2009 02:27 AM

Also make sure if youre keeping a copy of the Windows folder, keep it on a desktop not in the storage card.

skilledone 06-30-2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlmentz (Post 1003163)
When using media player and updating the library, it scans the whole device and the memory card. This causes it to find all the sound effect files for various programs. I keep all my music in one folder on the memory card. Is there a way to make media player only look in a folder and any sub folders? I have been messing around with this for a couple of weeks, and unless there is a registry key I can hard set, I have not found anyway to do this. I know I can build a media list, but I would prefer to limit the programs field of view.

I was looking around myself as well. If I ever figure it out, I will PM you.

rlmentz 06-30-2009 10:24 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I do not keep a copy of the windows directory on the card. But I have quite a few game programs installed to the memory card. As far as I can see, the only thing i can do is install the games to the device and delete the folder for the games on the card. It seems that there are 2 libraries media player searches. The memory card and the device itself. That just seems ludicrous to me, that there is no option to search the card only, or even the ability to set the music root directory. Maybe im the only one that thinks the music files should only be on the memory card :scratch:.

Lilbitz, do you know what file you are refering to?