PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

enzyme is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bezel Mod (pics)

I got a new TP via because I dropped my in the lake. I reported it lost and kept the old phone. After fruitless searches for a housing that doesn't have the chrome bezel (sprint), I decided to play with the broken phone.

I took sandpaper and went to town on it. I was really suprised at some things. Keep in mind that what I did was experimental only to see what it would look like. Work is neither careful or detailed.

With fine sandpaper, I was able to make the bezel look like matte brushed silver metal. It looks really nice. It makes the phone look more heavy duty, also it does not nick and scratch like the chrome. You can see in some areas, the black was where I took it down too far. I took some areas all the way down to the black material layer. The black material didnt look as nice, would if painted and clearcoated though. I hate the chrome so much.

I am about to do the brushed look, I found broken TPs on ebay for like $30. This phone would look hot with that mod plus the dye black battery plate.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:27 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr
Re: Bezel Mod (pics)

Quote:
Any person who knowingly and with intent to injure, defraud or deceive any insurer, files a statement of claim containing false, incomplete, or misleading information is guilty of insurance fraud, which is a crime.
i hope no one who cares is reading this thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I don't think they really care about the old phone.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRiNT

clami is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
i hope no one who cares is reading this thread
if it was dropped in a lake its rendered useless and wpu;d be thrown away anyway so stop yur btchin
Old 06-29-2009, 01:23 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

anybody else think the pictures look nasty? maybe its me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:29 AM
Lurker

thezboee is a n00b

They might look remotely good if there were parts where the chrome wasn't stripped bare down to the plastic, at least one one side.

Edit: And I bet the insurance company would care. The phone was useless, yes, but filing false information is not okay. Let's just hope the powers that be don't get a hold of this.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

ya, looks terrible. If you managed to scuff it in a very uniform manner, then it might look well.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
anybody else think the pictures look nasty? maybe its me.
What do you mean by nasty? Well I wasn't planning to do a complete job on it. Its the broken phone, just wanted to see how it would look. Plus one would need to totally disassemble it to get all of the edges of the bezel lookin good.

The bezel on that phone was already really jacked. I never planned to use that bezel on my new phone. I only did it to see more or less to see what can be achieved. I took one whole side down the black material even, just to see.

Last edited by enzyme; 06-29-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:40 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

its not a crime, thats what insurance is for. had he not gone INTO the lake to get it, which the insurance company would insist he did NOT do if he asked if that should be his next course of action while filing the claim. if they told him to retrieve the phone, and he drowns, then they would probably get sued for pressuring somebody to put themselves in danger for something that is obviously covered. so he took it upon himself to enter the lake, potentially, yet arguably against the insurers advice.

as for how it looks? ugly. painted black it might look good, but scratched metal? not so much. plastic chrome was not the route htc should have gone, but whatever. it happens. at least its not like pink or purple or something.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:42 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

nasty like that chix nasty, ugly, worse than stock. no offense, just my opinion. nasty= http://www.yourdictionary.com/nasty

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 06-29-2009 at 01:46 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro