PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

enzyme is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bezel Mod (pics)

I like that brushed look, it can look with detailing and patience. Sounds funny but that even gives it some more protection than the chrome. It does not easily scratch or nick. Can always paint and clearcoat it if I change my mind =)
Old 06-29-2009, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Something else funny, so the phone was submerged in the lake, the LCD stayed on that whole time until I took it out of the water. Also as of now, the phone actually turns on and boots up normally. The digitizer is just all f'd up and can not be aligned. Besides that everything seems to work again.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:21 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzyme View Post
Something else funny, so the phone was submerged in the lake, the LCD stayed on that whole time until I took it out of the water. Also as of now, the phone actually turns on and boots up normally. The digitizer is just all f'd up and can not be aligned. Besides that everything seems to work again.
when i dropped my sony ux in the toilet (long story, don't ask), the LCD was on until i took it out of the water. sent it into sony for a repair estimate and when i realized it would cost more to fix it than it cost me to buy it new, i had them send it back and it worked just fine *shrug*
Old 06-29-2009, 02:35 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
when i dropped my sony ux in the toilet (long story, don't ask), the LCD was on until i took it out of the water. sent it into sony for a repair estimate and when i realized it would cost more to fix it than it cost me to buy it new, i had them send it back and it worked just fine *shrug*
good news, now we(or i)want the crapper story.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:36 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

ed
You do realize that this more rugged look that you speak of is only temporary.
You would have to coat it with a clear coat or paint to keep it from turning all sorts of colors.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:46 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by clami View Post
if it was dropped in a lake its rendered useless and wpu;d be thrown away anyway so stop yur btchin
they refurbish them salvaging whatever parts they can and they specifically ask you to send the phone to them if u find it later on after being lost

Old 06-29-2009, 05:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
ed
You do realize that this more rugged look that you speak of is only temporary.
You would have to coat it with a clear coat or paint to keep it from turning all sorts of colors.
That is news to me. I'm in no kind of craftsman. Thats why i just sanded it just to see what results may come out of it. Can explain the part about turning into different colors some more. I don't really know much about this sort of stuff.

I initially just wanted a black bezel. When I saw that matte metal look, it just looked appealing to me. If you say it'll turn into different colors, I have no problem whatsoever with painting it black and clear coating it.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:32 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

well, the grains in the metal will accumulate dust and dirt and everything else, and it'll turn more of a brownish than anything else. if i were you, i would just sand it down to black, and use a really fine grain sandpaper until its nice and smooth, and then call it a day.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
well, the grains in the metal will accumulate dust and dirt and everything else, and it'll turn more of a brownish than anything else. if i were you, i would just sand it down to black, and use a really fine grain sandpaper until its nice and smooth, and then call it a day.

So what do manufacturers do to make things retain the grains at the same time keep it be able to weather ordinary wear and tear of daily use, just clearcoat or is there anything special besides that?
Old 06-29-2009, 06:25 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i'm no manufacturing expert, but my guess is that they probably use real metal. the thing is, our phones are plastic. the "chrome" is really just chrome paint. scratched to hell paint isn't the most durable of products.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro