PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
JD'S 6.5 rom. No Task manager on task bar??

I love his new Rom as it has been very fast and stable for me so far. I've tried Copper and i actually prefer JD's. Only problem is the HTC task manager doesn't show up in the task bar at all. Anyone know what is up?
Old 04-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: JD'S 6.5 rom. No Task manager on task bar??

settings -> System -> Task Manager -> Button [ ENABLE QUICK MENU ON TODAY SCREEN ]
Old 04-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
I love his new Rom as it has been very fast and stable for me so far. I've tried Copper and i actually prefer JD's. Only problem is the HTC task manager doesn't show up in the task bar at all. Anyone know what is up?
maybe u will get more help in the jd rom/kitchen thread, but u could try to add the registry and see if it will show up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoware View Post
settings -> System -> Task Manager -> Button [ ENABLE QUICK MENU ON TODAY SCREEN ]
its not in this version of task manager

Dank-Ass Robba

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:00 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

The version of the taskmanager I used is current however I removed the quick menu due to the lack of space and compatiblity with the taskbar I removed the quickmenu the quickmenu sometime can cause the startmenu to quit working .... and for further info you will need to post a question like this in my thread so that I or someone can give you a better answer
Old 04-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks, i will post over there for alternatives.. I'm really just looking for a way to switch to other programs.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Cobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good work

I use wkTask and love it.

It WILL close the Start Menu on Windows Mobile 6.5 by default, but you can configure it not to. Otherwise you'll need to reboot to get the Start Menu back.

I am still trying to find out the path and filename of the program that runs the Start Menu so I can include that in the wkTask exclusion list, but in the meantime you can add programs to the exclusion list by their taskbar titles.

So to make this work with wkTask without knowing the filename you have to add the titles "Start", "Settings", "Connections", "Personal", and "System" to the exclusion list. Then wkTask will not close any program with those taskbar titles and all is well.

It also has an optional battery indicator (I like it - it's color configurable if you donate - gray if you don't)
It also has an optional program launcher app (like it - but don't need it anymore with the new 6.5 Start Menu)
It also has an optional screen dimmer and volume app built in (I like that one for the dimmer but again not really needed any more with the TP's light sensor)
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

You dont need a taskbar....the touch pro has plenty of memory you dont need it....you probably owned a mogul....you dont need it...just forget it exists and it wont matter anymore...
Old 04-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

yea, well my problem is i can't multi-task anymore. How am i supposed to switch programs without a task-bar?
Old 04-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
yea, well my problem is i can't multi-task anymore. How am i supposed to switch programs without a task-bar?
How about this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t=switch+tasks
Old 05-08-2009, 12:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltikus View Post
I use wkTask and love it.

It WILL close the Start Menu on Windows Mobile 6.5 by default, but you can configure it not to. Otherwise you'll need to reboot to get the Start Menu back.

I am still trying to find out the path and filename of the program that runs the Start Menu so I can include that in the wkTask exclusion list, but in the meantime you can add programs to the exclusion list by their taskbar titles.

So to make this work with wkTask without knowing the filename you have to add the titles "Start", "Settings", "Connections", "Personal", and "System" to the exclusion list. Then wkTask will not close any program with those taskbar titles and all is well.

It also has an optional battery indicator (I like it - it's color configurable if you donate - gray if you don't)
It also has an optional program launcher app (like it - but don't need it anymore with the new 6.5 Start Menu)
It also has an optional screen dimmer and volume app built in (I like that one for the dimmer but again not really needed any more with the TP's light sensor)

im having trouble making the taskbar transparent, for when u use a picture photo as wallpaper 6.5 makes the taskbar transparent.tried all the custom colors but didnt work..any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro