PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Deleting Text Messages (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73145)

BikerSk8rKid 06-28-2009 09:27 PM

Deleting Text Messages

I was over 3,000 sent text messages and probably 5,000 inbox. I went to delete all my sent text messages by hitting CTRL A which selects all/ I'd hit delete, but then my phone will lag/freeze. I can get out of it, but wont let me go back to my text messages. I don't feel like deleting one by one or how ever by how ever many.

Is there a way to delete them all at once? Like a file or something.
I'm trying to keep my picture mail though.

Edit: I hate how only 50 Text Messages show up in the Deleted Items. :/ I can delete my inbox all at once, but not Sent or Delete.

vesty16277 06-28-2009 09:31 PM

Re: Deleting Text Messages

Ya it's under tools, but you will have the same problem. I once got it to list the number of text messages and watch the number decrease at about 2 messages per second. So if you're in the thousands than you will be stuck there awhile. What I do is just pick a time when I don't plan on using my phone and let it run for about 20 mins then soft reset and delete whats left by hand. If you don't feel like waiting I'll drag with my stylus large chunks like 20-50 at a time and delete them that way. There is no lag that way.

BikerSk8rKid 06-28-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vesty16277 (Post 1002871)
Ya it's under tools, but you will have the same problem. I once got it to list the number of text messages and watch the number decrease at about 2 messages per second. So if you're in the thousands than you will be stuck there awhile. What I do is just pick a time when I don't plan on using my phone and let it run for about 20 mins then soft reset and delete whats left by hand. If you don't feel like waiting I'll drag with my stylus large chunks like 20-50 at a time and delete them that way. There is no lag that way.

Yeah that's what I'm doing. I'm just down to Delete Items, which is being a ***** because you can only do 50 at a time. The only other way I did this before was a hard reset and well I don't want too. haha I finally got my phone working perfect and now going to have it screw up again.

codybear 06-28-2009 10:10 PM

lmfao, delete delete delete.
No sense in having that many. :D

Carla 06-28-2009 10:16 PM

+1 on that :)

BikerSk8rKid 06-28-2009 10:29 PM

Meanies. :( haha I get to busy and don't have time to delete them. Most of the time I like having them so I can prove someone wrong on something.

shaggylive 06-28-2009 10:37 PM

btw, if your only deleting sent messages, then wm has to go back through the treading process and we all know how long that can take.
I usually just delete conversations, as there's only a few that get into high numbers.

BikerSk8rKid 06-29-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 1002996)
btw, if your only deleting sent messages, then wm has to go back through the treading process and we all know how long that can take.
I usually just delete conversations, as there's only a few that get into high numbers.

Na, I was deleting them all, I was just having problems with the Sent Messages. I had a lot of text messages, so I was just trying to delete the sent ones for now until people would stop texting me. But it's finally done. haha

ShadowDrake 06-29-2009 02:00 AM

Menu -> Tools -> Clear "SMS / MMS"

Cleared my 3200+ messages in about 20 seconds. It doesn't take long at all.

BikerSk8rKid 06-29-2009 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowDrake (Post 1003302)
Menu -> Tools -> Clear "SMS / MMS"

Cleared my 3200+ messages in about 20 seconds. It doesn't take long at all.

Yeah, but it puts it into your Delete Items folder.