PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 01:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Photon
Carrier: Sprint

drisc72 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Password protected Texting for MMS

Has anyone ever herd of a program that lets you put a password protected lock on tabs in tf3d, Like for instance if you wanted your text messages locked so that your girl friend cant see them but can still "play" with ur phone or for instance if she were to absently pick up ur phone while ur in the shower and though she can still pick it up and use it to " call her phone cause she cant find hers" and not be able to access ur texts without out the pass code. Like password protected lock for the phone but only for the texts and maybe emails? its a shot in the dark but i figured i would try
Old 06-27-2009, 02:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Password protected Texting for MMS

LOLz, either delete your texts frequently or stop flirting with her best friends...!
Old 06-27-2009, 02:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul -> TP -> EVO

TeamMike is a n00b

hahaha! yea, im looking for the same thing.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drisc72 View Post
Has anyone ever herd of a program that lets you put a password protected lock on tabs in tf3d, Like for instance if you wanted your text messages locked so that your girl friend cant see them but can still "play" with ur phone or for instance if she were to absently pick up ur phone while ur in the shower and though she can still pick it up and use it to " call her phone cause she cant find hers" and not be able to access ur texts without out the pass code. Like password protected lock for the phone but only for the texts and maybe emails? its a shot in the dark but i figured i would try
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamMike View Post
hahaha! yea, im looking for the same thing.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!
Quit sending naked pics of yourself to girls
and quit asking for ones in return. that will take care of it. haha.
And just use throttle lock or something and lock the phone so she can't use it period. done deal.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Biggnaa20 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Biggnaa20 Send a message via Skype™ to Biggnaa20

Girlfriend dodging aside, I think the ability to lock certain parts of the OS would be useful from a business sense. I would love to be able to lock calendar, email and documents while not really caring about the programs, internet, etc.

I know I can lock the whole phone, but there are plenty of times I give my phone to someone who I don't need looking at my agenda. I end up watching them as though they have a little copy of my life in their hands.

And SMS lock might come in handy too...
Old 06-27-2009, 02:47 AM
VIP Member

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggnaa20 View Post
Girlfriend dodging aside, I think the ability to lock certain parts of the OS would be useful from a business sense. I would love to be able to lock calendar, email and documents while not really caring about the programs, internet, etc.

I know I can lock the whole phone, but there are plenty of times I give my phone to someone who I don't need looking at my agenda. I end up watching them as though they have a little copy of my life in their hands.

And SMS lock might come in handy too...
There's tons of apps that are being developed right now about lockign certain parts and what not.
The only ones taht I've seen that locks files, encrypts them.
So if you hard reset/take your sd card out/etc, you lose those files.
Otherwise, its a false lock that someone can get past if they wanted to.
Not sure if any has solved this or not,
but for now I think it's pretty much all(lock the whole phone) or nothing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:58 AM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!
Quit sending naked pics of yourself to girls
and quit asking for ones in return. that will take care of it. haha.
And just use throttle lock or something and lock the phone so she can't use it period. done deal.
LOL !
Old 06-27-2009, 03:35 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

drisc72 is a n00b

i need it to hide new and old texts messages from specific people in my contact list or at least make the messages password protected. i too have found a couple of programs like pimorganizer(free. and lets you lock and hide ur texts but if you view the conversation though you cannot open them while its locked you can still read the last text) but others i have seen you have to pay for anybody know of any apps that are not only free but can also hide ur threaded text conversations
Old 06-27-2009, 03:43 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

drisc72 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
LOLz, either delete your texts frequently or stop flirting with her best friends...!

come on guys this doesnt sound like a ppcgeeks solution im not a genius but im sure there are alot of people who would benefit from this i been searching all over help a brother out.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:46 AM
VIP Member

I'll keep an eye out, but can't count on anything as most free ones were only false sense of security as someone could go through a different shortcut and it would show up or there was some other work around that people could do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro