PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   bluetooth bug I found in TP (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73137)

derrickmd18 06-28-2009 08:07 PM

bluetooth bug I found in TP

I came across this bug a few times and thought it was the stock rom problem. well I just flashed to a new 6.5 rom and its still there so its a TP problem or one noon e ever saw. when u have bluetooth on and you turn it off via comm manager it will turn off but it won't when u go into bluetooth setting u have to manually turn it off and then it will freeze the tp. same as when u try to turn bluetooth on and it won't turn on then when u go into manually turn it on it freezes or just won't turn on. U have a reset the phone then when it restarts its on. I don't know if anyone knows about this bug or if there is a fix to it but just putting it out there.

WarChild 06-28-2009 08:59 PM

Re: bluetooth bug I found in TP

I dont have that problem.

TheRealHotshot 06-28-2009 10:51 PM

I don't have that problem either

shaggylive 06-28-2009 10:56 PM

nope, not here either, of course I usually use quickmenu for such things.

pastafarian 06-29-2009 07:55 AM

I don't have this issue running the last mr5 or any of the many roms I've flashed. Since you had the same problem in both stock and a 6.5, it's probably due to some software you're installing or a hardware issue with your specific phone. I had lots of problems with bt not starting or suddenly disconnecting with my old 6700, all (bad) hardware.

HBOOT 06-29-2009 09:22 AM

negative here too

derrickmd18 06-29-2009 01:22 PM

damn. I would take it in to get looked at but i figure my battery life is great I can go a whole day 7am to 11pm with only charging it for a bout a hour. and a text 80 messagews surf the web and aim. and I just flashed to 6.5 so have to undo everything and i might lost battery life if I take it in and get it replaced.

shaggylive 06-29-2009 03:10 PM

I'm not sure it's a hardware issue. does wifi work ok? it's the same chip.
and so we all understand correctly, it does work fine with comm mgr? just in bt settings it hangs? why not just use comm mgr like everyone else.
do you have anything besides headsets linked via bt?

codybear 06-29-2009 04:12 PM

I would try re-flashing,
maybe to stock rom, and then try out another rom
and see if you have the same problem.
Only then you can consider that it could be a hardware issue.
Otherwise you have to consider it being a software issue.

Giovanny 06-29-2009 11:20 PM

After you flash, have you done an extra hard reset?