PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
"Reject call with text message" doesn't work for me. Help?

I've got the box for "Reject call with text message" ticked in the "Advanced" tab of the phone settings, and there is a message in the box.

The only problem is that it does nothing.

I have no problem sending texts to my son. I do it all the time. Earlier today he phoned while I was with a patient so I had to reject the call, expecting it would send a text saying I'd call in a few minutes. However, he never got the text. We've tested it several times since with the same result.

I'd prefer not to install another app to make this work, and I don't need any additional functionality; I just want a default text sent when I reject an incoming call, not when I fail to answer.

Is this a known issue? Does anyone know of any settings that need to be tweaked?
Old 06-22-2009, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TheDempster is becoming a great contributor
Re: "Reject call with text message" doesn't work for me. Help?

I know you were looking for a way to do this re: the OS. I tried to accomplish the same thing, and it never worked. I found a freeware program that works well. I use it while I am driving or in meetings. It is called SMS Minder.

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...ms-minder.html
Old 06-22-2009, 06:28 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

PowerSMS does this. Plus backs up all your messages if you want it to. Group messages, statistics on your SMS usage...

PowerSMS is normally $9.95, but I got it for $4.95 WITH their Twitter app... The twitter app is awesome too! This link below will take you to where I bought the bundle.

http://www.trinketsoftware.com/Twikini/purchase1.aspx
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 06-22-2009, 06:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

mstevens - It is working fine for me on Silence/Mighty ROM, no tweaks. Worked on MR4 also. Which ROM are you running?
Old 06-22-2009, 06:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

+1 for PowerSMS, that is one of my most used programs (I use it almost every day) & worth every penny.

As far as the stock WM text response setup, that never worked for me either. It may well work with my current ROM, but since I have PowerSMS I have no reason to try it.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:40 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
+1 for PowerSMS, that is one of my most used programs (I use it almost every day) & worth every penny.

As far as the stock WM text response setup, that never worked for me either. It may well work with my current ROM, but since I have PowerSMS I have no reason to try it.

~John
Like John said... I went to the site fully prepared and happy to pay the $9.95 for it. Just happened to luck up on the Twitter app and PowerSMS bundle for $4.95 though.

You could always buy the bundle and just not install the twitter app if you didn't want it. $5 is $5... LOL
Old 06-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO
Threadstarter

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
mstevens - It is working fine for me on Silence/Mighty ROM, no tweaks. Worked on MR4 also. Which ROM are you running?
I'm running the MightyROM 4 6.20.09 version.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro