PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   New Screen Issue? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73127)

MILH0U5E 06-28-2009 05:17 PM

New Screen Issue?

3 Attachment(s)
Please check out the pictures I took of my Sprint TP attached below. This has been happening periodically for the last few days, but has gotten more frequent. I've had this issue on 2 different ROMS, and at varying parts of the day. From waking it in the morning, after a soft reset, sliding the keyboard in/out, and now it just did it after I got off a call with Sprint (they are sending a new one).

Is this the beginning of something worse? Should I flash it back to the shipped ROM now, while it's still working? Or is this just a glitch with this phone that happens over time?

If anyone can provide any feedback I'd really appreciate it. As I said above, I'm getting a new one sent to me; but feedback on this may help someone else in the future.

t0mmyr 06-28-2009 05:22 PM

Re: New Screen Issue?

i cant really tell whats going on in those pictures, are all the buttons turning green on the top? well at least sprint is sending u a new one, i bet its a hardware problem, try flashing back to stock and see if the problem still exists there, if so then its gotta be bad hardware

MILH0U5E 06-28-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t0mmyr (Post 1002526)
i cant really tell whats going on in those pictures, are all the buttons turning green on the top? well at least sprint is sending u a new one, i bet its a hardware problem, try flashing back to stock and see if the problem still exists there, if so then its gotta be bad hardware

Well, if you look at the middle picture, what you see is exactly what the screen looks like. There is green and blue bleeding into the screen, it's weird. I can also get it to flash a bit when I press down on the screen. So I'm thinking its a connection somewhere under the screen.

t0mmyr 06-28-2009 05:56 PM

thats an ugly dialer u got going there, try flashing to stock and see what happens, do u have insurance on ur phone?

MILH0U5E 06-28-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t0mmyr (Post 1002578)
thats an ugly dialer u got going there, try flashing to stock and see what happens, do u have insurance on ur phone?

yeah, have insurance.

It's much uglier in person... there's green, blue, and the font turned yellow. I read some earlier issues people were having, and they seemed to link screens going black or looking like mine to a loose cable.

I just hope I get a NIB on Tuesday and not a refurb.

MadlyAlive 06-29-2009 01:49 PM

Did you drop the phone?

It almost looks like the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the board is starting to come loose.

thezboee 06-29-2009 02:48 PM

Since you have a replacement on the way, I'd flash back to stock and relock it before your screen completely stops working. Just a precaution, you know?

RicoRich196 06-29-2009 03:11 PM

Happened to my last TP, the ribbon is not making proper contact, chalk it up to Htc's top of the line quality.

MILH0U5E 06-29-2009 08:42 PM

Yeah, already flashed back to stock and relocked... Today I had all sorts of colors going in and out, purples, reds, blues, yellows, and greens.

My phone has taken some falls, but nothing major; I think poor quality is definitely to blame...

Anyone know what the replacements from Sprint have looked like? I'm expecting a refurb, but hoping for a newbie.