PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Sprint->Verizon
Carrier: Verizon

sudermatt is keeping up the good worksudermatt is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bemone Depad

I've been looking at the next gen devices with sadness.

I like my screen smudgeless and clean. I also am used to a single interface point to control the basic navigation functions. I find it to be fast and extremely convenient. My thumb doesn't have to travel all over the screen..flicking here...tossing there. I goes to one place on the phone to get be where I need to go.

What wonderful thing am I referring to. The one thing I do NOT see on any of the next get devices......the D-Pad my friends....

and it makes me sooooooo....

Pad-D....I will miss thee

Respect D-Pad
Old 06-29-2009, 11:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Bemone Depad

I agree 100%, hell I'm still mad that my TP doesn't have a scroll wheel........

~John
Old 06-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

and this has what to do with the touch pro?
Old 06-29-2009, 12:03 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I agree 100%, hell I'm still mad that my TP doesn't have a scroll wheel........

~John
1+

also I'm actually hoping m$ has moved away from R&D on touchscreen technology seeings how they got that nifty new interface for the xbox. I may actually breakdown and get one of those finally. :b
although I'm still mad they bought and ruined Rare(ware)
Old 06-29-2009, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Sprint->Verizon
Threadstarter

sudermatt is keeping up the good worksudermatt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
and this has what to do with the touch pro?
1. It's just where I hang out since I have a TP.
2. It looks like out TP will be the last of HTC D-Pad Breed.

R.I.P.D.P.=D>
Old 06-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

It's probably the biggest thing that will prevent me from buying a TP2, and the one on the TP is so bad there are days I miss my 800w.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

Personally I love the touchscreen, and almost never use the buttons on the TP. I'm sure I will miss it more if I ever have problems with my touchscreen, since actual buttons tend to have a longer life, but until then I enjoy flicking! With a touchscreen you don't need to press a button multiple times to get what you want, just press the screen!

Just my opinion
Old 06-29-2009, 03:26 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Personally I love the touchscreen, and almost never use the buttons on the TP. I'm sure I will miss it more if I ever have problems with my touchscreen, since actual buttons tend to have a longer life, but until then I enjoy flicking! With a touchscreen you don't need to press a button multiple times to get what you want, just press the screen!

Just my opinion
true, however it doesn't get much better than the titan's scroll wheel, the level of control with that was superb, and true to it's name Titan/Mogul it was the king of buttons, no need for multi press.
just my opinion.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jye75 is keeping up the good workjye75 is keeping up the good work

+1 for the Titan's scrollwheel, I miss that lil' guy!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

Never had a scroll wheel (the TP is actually my first PPC), but I know they are handy on computer mice! If it scrolled horizontal and vertical I could see missing that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro