PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Stable, easiest 6.5 flash (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73104)

cv7713 06-28-2009 11:26 AM

Stable, easiest 6.5 flash

Hello all, first post. Been reading for a while now and definitely think 6.5 is the way to go. It seems more finger friendly.

What ROM would be the most user friendly with the least chance of bricking the phone? I've read about Mighty ROM 5, would this be the one?

Thanks all.

-CV

coreyoli 06-28-2009 11:33 AM

Re: Stable, easiest 6.5 flash

Quote:

Originally Posted by cv7713 (Post 1002109)
Hello all, first post. Been reading for a while now and definitely think 6.5 is the way to go. It seems more finger friendly.

What ROM would be the most user friendly with the least chance of bricking the phone? I've read about Mighty ROM 5, would this be the one?

Thanks all.

-CV

I'd go with SSK 2.1.1... It's a very solid and FAST ROM. If you're on Verizon set the PP to 12 and once it's loaded and good to go used Advanced Config to disable the phone dialer.

I see you're on Sprint, nevermind about the PP stuff then, you could easily to 16 and have plenty of free RAM, and use the fancy dialers, without the app memory hit, lol...

You will have an amazingly fast and stable ROM...

I've tried many, Many, MANY ROMS and I keep going back to the one I cooked up in SSK 2.1.1 kitchen, I love it...

-Corey

If you decide to go with that one, let me know if you have any questions, I've grown familiar with it, lol...

cv7713 06-28-2009 11:36 AM

Will it work on Sprint? I thought it was verizon only.

coreyoli 06-28-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cv7713 (Post 1002119)
Will it work on Sprint? I thought it was verizon only.

Nope, works on Sprint... Just the GPS unlocked is required for anyone but Verizon. So you can totally skip that step.

-Corey

Remember, if I helped you to click that little green "Thanks" button :)

mlin 06-28-2009 12:04 PM

The likihood of you bricking your device is about the same with every ROM in the forum which is approximately ZERO if you follow directions, (even if you don't, I think it's pretty hard to brick these devices but follow directions anyway). My personal fave is Juicy's ROMS. They are fast, stable, good battery life, and in addition, Juicy often gets his hands on the newest packages so he always has the freshest, newest stuff in his ROMs. Albeit this leads to a greater likilhood of bugs and whatnot but, this is an issue I have yet to experience. Best of luck with your first flash and give a holler if you have any questions. I'm on Sprint BTW and it works great!

tpeazy 06-28-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cv7713 (Post 1002109)

Thanks all.

-CV

Check out Groove ROM also. It is about the easiest to install because after uncompressing it runs as an executable (one less step) and is super solid. I have used it for weeks. Very very good ROM.

Tp

jmorton10 06-28-2009 12:46 PM

Merdin's 6.5 is awesome.

~John

bryanthomas007 06-28-2009 01:12 PM

I am currently running Calkulin's ROM v3.3 with 21812 build and it is very fast and solid. :headbang:

Sporkman 06-28-2009 01:21 PM

post like this make me giggle :D why not just flash a few see what works best for you ?

cv7713 06-28-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sporkman (Post 1002245)
post like this make me giggle :D why not just flash a few see what works best for you ?

lol... because I don't want to awake the dark side :mrgreen: many a sleepless nights may come...

that happened when I started playing with Linux.... a new operating system every other day!