PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pro +BT Device+ 3.5 Jackon Car Stereo= Music?

Ok..... I have been wondering if theres anything out there that will do this. My new car came with a CD player with a 3.5 Jack. So I use my pro tp play mp3 with the adapter plugged in the 3.5 and I get music to all the speakers. My question is... is there a Blutooth Device that will plug in the 3.5 jack on the Car stereo deck and receive my mp3 signal thru the Pro's blutooth? Any help would be worth A KIND thxs!
Old 06-28-2009, 01:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

xfortrenox is a n00b
Re: Pro +BT Device+ 3.5 Jackon Car Stereo= Music?

I've been using the Blackberry Remote Stereo Gateway. The only problem with it is that the gateway needs a power source. So i have a lighter adapter with two USB ports, one for the Gateway and one for the TP. Mobilecity sells them for around $50.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:49 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I hope theres a small device that just plugs in and gets powered by the 3.5 jack. Is there anything like that out there,
Old 06-28-2009, 01:59 AM
Lurker

xfortrenox is a n00b

The other similar items I have seen are rechargeable. I personally haven't found one that is able to use the power from the 3.5 jack. You may try looking into bluetooth adapters for mp3 players/ipods. Those MAY be powered off the jack, but I'm thinking that the bluetooth pulls too much power to be able to just use the 3.5 jack.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

Sorry to burst any bubbles but there is no power to any 3.5 jack that i am aware of in any spec. The 3.5 that you are referring to as 3.5mm audio jack is just right + left + common ground audio source. Some have more then 3 pins but that is not the norm and will not be supported by the standard for a car or any universal 3.5 spec aux input jack.

Also by adding in Bluetooth into the mix you will be loosing audio quality as bluetooth does not have a very high bandwidth so the data has 2 be compressed so u loose quality.

Your best bet is to use the big brick adapter that came with the touch pro that has the 3.5mm audio jack with the usb/power jack on it this will allow you to charge the touch pro and send audio out into the cars 3.5mm jack while only requiring one power source, any usb cable that can be plugged into a usb power source will work, like those cheap 12v usb car adapters that plug into your cars lighter/12v outlet that have a female usb socket on them.

So you would end up with something like this requiring only one connection to be made to the touch pro and thats the stock multi adapter to be plugged into the touch pro it would be getting power and sending music into your car (providing you leave the male to male 3.5mm cable plugged into the adapter and the cars 3.5mm aux jack, Leave the usb cable plugged into the power source and the multi adapter.)

Last edited by gator2k83; 06-28-2009 at 03:32 AM. Reason: add more detailed info..
Old 06-28-2009, 03:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

There is a better way that will end up with less of a cable cluster and is easier to hide with less junk and does not leave you with a ton of wires and connections. I took the multi adapter that came with my mogul. The one with the mini usb b socket and the mini 2.5 mm female jack on it.

I cut the 2.5mm jack off and i wired it up to the wires from the stock htc headphones, by cutting off the htc ext usb end that comes on the stock headphones.

On the other end of the adapter where the ear buds are after the mic i cut the buds off exposing the audio out signal thats just left + right + ground and anothe un needed ground.

I then just wired up and taped all the connections the result was 1 small adapter that I power with a usb cable and audio oes into the back of my headunit. I extended the wires to the mic to up by my visor so i still can use hands free if someone calls without having to disconnect it from the touch pro to take a call.

A step by step for making my adapter from spare HTC headphones and the splitter adapter can be found here. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49137

and a youtube video from back when i was using it with my mogul. Still works with my touch pro will work with the touch pro 2 as well and any other HTC device that uses the 11pin EXT usb socket. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfepHUE1EYY
Old 06-28-2009, 03:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work

I bought a kit from Scosche at Best Buy on special for 40 bucks. This is what it has to offer:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142DIYB...H.html?tp=8395

The Kit called Motormouth did not have the little flat and square rechargable transmitter bundled for the same price. The Mic for hands free is garbage quality but for BT music and being able to charge my phone off the BT receiver is OK since I wanted a car charger in the first place when I got this thing. All n all it's not that much of a convenience other than I don't use the bulky dongle our phones need to have an audio out jack. And I think gator is right...only usb connection gives you any power, not an 1/8th inch mini stereo jack/port.

Last edited by fsp48; 06-28-2009 at 03:59 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work

I bought a kit from Scosche at Best Buy on special for 40 bucks. This is what it has to offer:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142DIYB...H.html?tp=8395

The Kit called Motormouth did not have the little flat and square rechargable transmitter bundled for the same price. The Mic for hands free is garbage quality but for BT music and being able to charge my phone off the BT receiver is OK since I wanted a car charger in the first place when I got this thing. All n all it's not that much of a convenience other than I don't use the bulky dongle our phones need to have an audio out jack. And I think gator is right...only usb connection gives you any power, not an 1/8th inch mini stereo jack/port.

Last edited by fsp48; 06-28-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:08 AM
Lurker

xfortrenox is a n00b

I'm pretty sure there has to be electrical current coming out of a 3.5mm jack in order for sound to come out. All the jack is doing is closing the circuit, therefore power, however minimal, is coming out of the jack. There have been very low powered add on devices, such as non-powered speakers, that used to be made for small radios and other devices of that nature. The louder the volume the more current is being put through the jack into whatever device is plugged into it. Therefore power DOES come out of the jack.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfortrenox View Post
I'm pretty sure there has to be electrical current coming out of a 3.5mm jack in order for sound to come out. All the jack is doing is closing the circuit, therefore power, however minimal, is coming out of the jack. There have been very low powered add on devices, such as non-powered speakers, that used to be made for small radios and other devices of that nature. The louder the volume the more current is being put through the jack into whatever device is plugged into it. Therefore power DOES come out of the jack.
power does not come out of an INPUT jack. the power going through the jack is coming from the source.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro