PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Does anyone else have this issue? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73065)

brownhornet 06-27-2009 07:35 PM

Does anyone else have this issue?

Ok this is kind of weird. Its like when I plug the phone in to charge it doesn't start immediately, its like it pretty much starts charging whenever it wants to. And if im using the phone while its charging it'll periodically stop and start. Im not sure if this is a defect or what but considering the battery already sucks this is pretty damn annoying.

mulhiny 06-27-2009 07:53 PM

Re: Does anyone else have this issue?

No, but I do have charging issues. For instance, at night I turn my phone off to charge. When I wake up it shows that it is fully charged (d-pad light completely lit), but when I turn on the phone, while it's still on the charger, it starts to charge again for another 40 mins or so..

mrsmdh 06-27-2009 07:59 PM

It might be a short in your USB cable. Try switching USB cables and see if that works.

brownhornet 06-27-2009 08:53 PM

I tried two totally different charges and still the same thing. Im gonna take it to a store tomorrow

boredmug 06-27-2009 09:37 PM

Well if the phone is too hot from use, it's not going to charge.. Period. As far as using the phone and charging, it's definately going to stop charging at some point when the phone gets hot enough.. Crappy i know, but it's just how it is. Leaving the keyboard helps get rid of some of the heat and may help some.

entwined82 06-27-2009 10:26 PM

Mine had delays in charging on occasion..it was very random when it would occur. Is the cable loose?

veedubguru 06-27-2009 11:12 PM

Boredmug is dead on with the heat issue. Might want to pop the battery cover off when this happens and see how hot the inside of the device, and the battery feel.

I have a window holder for my car. Sitting in the sun while driving, I'm lucky if it charges for 20 minutes before it stops. Then I find myself holding it in front of the A/C for some cool down time.

Also experience same thing on the home charger if my phone has been in the belt holder too long and has gotten hot. Usually that only happens when I've had GPS or Bluetooth running and forgotten. That will get it good and smokey by the time I go to charge it back up.

boredmug 06-27-2009 11:16 PM

my holder for my car clips onto the ac vent.. So far it hasn't stopped charging with GPS and MP3's going with the ac cranking. The back of the phone is actually cool to the touch like that when it's charging and all that stuff going on. when it's tethered to my computer for internet and charging it doesn't last long at all. Talking and charging lasts a a little while.. Opening the Keyboard helps a lot.

brownhornet 06-28-2009 01:16 AM

I figure the heat thing may be what it is... I just got it and have been using it pretty heavy so I put that to the test and while its cool it seems to charge just fine. It does get REALLY hot during heavy usage though... the battery life and this charging issue are my only complaints about the phone. Definitely a big upgrade from the touch still.