PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood
help with quickGPS and google Maps

For some reason, since i installed the first version of Silent/Mighty rom, I have been receiving errors with Quickgps, it give me the "connection failed. Please try again later" error message. I have tried hard reseting the rom, changing the rom to newer versions, switching to Mighty Rom4, MR5, Juicy and Silent 6.1, all create the same error. Before uring the Silent/Mighty Rom, I was on MR5, and I did not receive the error and the gps connected rather quickly.

Also, for some reason or another, the GPS function on Google maps does not lock on either anymore. It always giving me the cannot connect error, because it's been trying to connect for too long.

I have also tried installing other version of QuickGPS, but it just gives me a "cannot find QuickGPS.exe" error.

If you can help or have any suggestions, they are welcome and thanks in advance.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: help with quickGPS and google Maps

Having some déjÃ* vu here. In case you missed my response in the Mighty/Silence thread, try this: From your dialer, click on Menu then Options. In the next window, click on the "Services" tab and make sure "Location Setting" is highlighted, then click "Get Settings." On the next screen, select the "ON" radio button.

Didn't hear back if you tried that or not.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood

Sorry about that, I must have missed your response, I just saw a lot of bickering between Juicy supporters about speed, and how Silent is defending his, despite benchmarks and such. Thanks a lot, it is now updating but gps connection is still not locking on, I guess ill try some tweaks now.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Glad it's updating!

Remeber to check your Settings - External GPS stuff too. "GPS Program Port - COM4," "GPS Hardware Port - None (baud 4800)," and "Manage Autoomatically."

Also in Google Maps, hit "GPS Settings" in the options and try setting it to use COM4 instead of auto.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

have you tried running HTC GPS tools?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro