PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2
Carrier: Sprint

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to aaron580
Angry bout to rip my hair out

Hey sprint recently gave me free data and now im trying to tether this phone to my macbook pro. Ive found others that have done it but it just will not work for me. Ive done the registry hacks and all and so far nothing is working. Any solutions to this problem?

OMJ rom
Godmode kernel tearing fixed
Old 06-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: bout to rip my hair out

forgot to mention that I would really like to set up via bluetooth but USB works to or both would be absolutely incredible
Old 06-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

just get wmwifirouter. for 20 bucks, it will turn your phone into a wifi hotspot.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

search "ics"...that should help you.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well when I searched ICS all i find is a bunch of roms... and I dont wanna spend 20$ on an app right now. I have tried setting up the bluetooth pan and all and that says connected and yet... nothing at all. Could be IP problems possibly?
Old 06-27-2009, 11:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Search on google or xda .. its a app called PDA Net.. I used to use it all the time...works great w/bluetooch or wifi.. free trial..!!
Old 06-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Isnt there just a way to get the internet sharing crap to work? I really want something free. Ive seen people do it but I follow exactly what people say to do and nothing will work. ever.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

flash any custom rom on this site and it will have undetectable internet connection sharing
Old 06-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

I take it that you are using the stock sprint rom? If so it can be done but is harder to do as you have to remove or disable the htcguardian.exe and do some regedits. With a custom rom its as easy as hooking up your phone via the usb cable and selecting the phone as a modem and the stock ics will connect and share the internet over the usb cable. With using the MacBook Pro instead of windows you will need the proper drivers for mac for the generic RDNIS driver.

There is also an ics.exe over on xda its called ics .21 that will let you do it over bluetooth/Wifi, However if you are not charging the phone you will kill the battery pretty quick and the speed is limited to 300kb/s (as its a limit of the bluetooth protocol). Wifi part is simple b4 u launch the proggy just go into network connections and setup an ad-hoc network make any name you want for the ssid, turn on wifi launch the ics .21 exe from the phone select tnet**11 as the private interface and the cellular line as public save settings then click start ics. Connect to the ssid on your laptop that you made on your phone. Let it connect and you will be online.

To flash to a custom rom is easy. If you want the stock feel but a great sprint rom try the Silence/Mighty colaberation. It is lean and mean runs everything screaming fast. No bloatware. Has the ics hack built in.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266 <- how to flash

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266 <- How to flash from sd card. Your best bet bc you won't need a windows based pc to unlock or flash the rom to the phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=377047 <- ICS Control .21 utility and instructions.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
I take it that you are using the stock sprint rom? If so it can be done but is harder to do as you have to remove or disable the htcguardian.exe and do some regedits. With a custom rom its as easy as hooking up your phone via the usb cable and selecting the phone as a modem and the stock ics will connect and share the internet over the usb cable. With using the MacBook Pro instead of windows you will need the proper drivers for mac for the generic RDNIS driver.

There is also an ics.exe over on xda its called ics .21 that will let you do it over bluetooth/Wifi, However if you are not charging the phone you will kill the battery pretty quick and the speed is limited to 300kb/s (as its a limit of the bluetooth protocol). Wifi part is simple b4 u launch the proggy just go into network connections and setup an ad-hoc network make any name you want for the ssid, turn on wifi launch the ics .21 exe from the phone select tnet**11 as the private interface and the cellular line as public save settings then click start ics. Connect to the ssid on your laptop that you made on your phone. Let it connect and you will be online.

To flash to a custom rom is easy. If you want the stock feel but a great sprint rom try the Silence/Mighty colaberation. It is lean and mean runs everything screaming fast. No bloatware. Has the ics hack built in.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266 <- how to flash

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266 <- How to flash from sd card. Your best bet bc you won't need a windows based pc to unlock or flash the rom to the phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=377047 <- ICS Control .21 utility and instructions.
Ya im usin the stock rom because I am gonna take my phone to the store today to resolve hardware problems. I havnt even wanted to flash a custom rom on this phone because the stock works great. This problem will probobly make me flash though... dont wanna go through with this phone what I went through with the mogul lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro