PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Password protected Texting for MMS (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73014)

drisc72 06-27-2009 01:59 AM

Password protected Texting for MMS

Has anyone ever herd of a program that lets you put a password protected lock on tabs in tf3d, Like for instance if you wanted your text messages locked so that your girl friend cant see them but can still "play" with ur phone or for instance if she were to absently pick up ur phone while ur in the shower and though she can still pick it up and use it to " call her phone cause she cant find hers" and not be able to access ur texts without out the pass code. Like password protected lock for the phone but only for the texts and maybe emails? its a shot in the dark but i figured i would try

Rourke Swift 06-27-2009 02:01 AM

Re: Password protected Texting for MMS

LOLz, either delete your texts frequently or stop flirting with her best friends...!

TeamMike 06-27-2009 02:09 AM

hahaha! yea, im looking for the same thing.

codybear 06-27-2009 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drisc72 (Post 1000197)
Has anyone ever herd of a program that lets you put a password protected lock on tabs in tf3d, Like for instance if you wanted your text messages locked so that your girl friend cant see them but can still "play" with ur phone or for instance if she were to absently pick up ur phone while ur in the shower and though she can still pick it up and use it to " call her phone cause she cant find hers" and not be able to access ur texts without out the pass code. Like password protected lock for the phone but only for the texts and maybe emails? its a shot in the dark but i figured i would try

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamMike (Post 1000213)
hahaha! yea, im looking for the same thing.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!
Quit sending naked pics of yourself to girls
and quit asking for ones in return. that will take care of it. haha.
And just use throttle lock or something and lock the phone so she can't use it period. done deal. :D:D

Biggnaa20 06-27-2009 02:28 AM

Girlfriend dodging aside, I think the ability to lock certain parts of the OS would be useful from a business sense. I would love to be able to lock calendar, email and documents while not really caring about the programs, internet, etc.

I know I can lock the whole phone, but there are plenty of times I give my phone to someone who I don't need looking at my agenda. I end up watching them as though they have a little copy of my life in their hands.

And SMS lock might come in handy too...:mrgreen:

codybear 06-27-2009 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggnaa20 (Post 1000248)
Girlfriend dodging aside, I think the ability to lock certain parts of the OS would be useful from a business sense. I would love to be able to lock calendar, email and documents while not really caring about the programs, internet, etc.

I know I can lock the whole phone, but there are plenty of times I give my phone to someone who I don't need looking at my agenda. I end up watching them as though they have a little copy of my life in their hands.

And SMS lock might come in handy too...:mrgreen:

There's tons of apps that are being developed right now about lockign certain parts and what not.
The only ones taht I've seen that locks files, encrypts them.
So if you hard reset/take your sd card out/etc, you lose those files.
Otherwise, its a false lock that someone can get past if they wanted to.
Not sure if any has solved this or not,
but for now I think it's pretty much all(lock the whole phone) or nothing.

Sporkman 06-27-2009 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codybear (Post 1000223)
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!
Quit sending naked pics of yourself to girls
and quit asking for ones in return. that will take care of it. haha.
And just use throttle lock or something and lock the phone so she can't use it period. done deal. :D:D

LOL !

drisc72 06-27-2009 03:35 AM

i need it to hide new and old texts messages from specific people in my contact list or at least make the messages password protected. i too have found a couple of programs like pimorganizer(free. and lets you lock and hide ur texts but if you view the conversation though you cannot open them while its locked you can still read the last text) but others i have seen you have to pay for anybody know of any apps that are not only free but can also hide ur threaded text conversations

drisc72 06-27-2009 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rourke Swift (Post 1000198)
LOLz, either delete your texts frequently or stop flirting with her best friends...!

come on guys this doesnt sound like a ppcgeeks solution im not a genius but im sure there are alot of people who would benefit from this i been searching all over help a brother out.

codybear 06-27-2009 04:46 AM

I'll keep an eye out, but can't count on anything as most free ones were only false sense of security as someone could go through a different shortcut and it would show up or there was some other work around that people could do.