PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cd85233 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SMS Lag Fix!

*Didn't read anything but the first page*

THIS IS FREAKEN AMAZING. I have never seen a fix to get rid of the lag that worked so well. This should be made into a sticky. Had I any money, I would send some your way.

-CD
Old 07-26-2009, 11:46 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Just gave this a shot and it seems to be working great. Not only did it eliminate the delay when you using the onscreen keyboard but through mymobiler as well. good find.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch PRO

DragonXJC is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
I don't know if anyone has noticed this thread but basically if you disable the vertical scroll bar, it also helps with the lag. I'm sure if someone CABS both these fixes up together there shouldn't be any lag at all!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ar#post1059859
Where do you go to disable the vertical scroll bar? Having trouble finding it.

Thanks,
Old 07-31-2009, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

Just incase it helps to locate the source of the lag with the character count that you are removing here. I loaded mighty rom 6, which appeared to have the count disabled from the get go, so naturally, no lag. i loaded all my cab's that i use, once of which being the 160 sms cab for sprint (enables 160 character messages instead of 130). that seems to have reenabled the count, however, i have no lag whatsoever, in any application. perhaps that cab modifies something else that works together with haveing the count line removed from the sms file prior to installation? anywas, just thought id share.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:02 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

i think it modfies something but if you install a arcsoft or any other mms app then it will re-enable it and you have to remove it manually.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

halo9909 is a n00b

can someone retell what to do I trued following the first psot and its a bit confusing as I read all the comments to this point.

Also I am using 6.1 so will using the attached files in the first post amke a difference? and If I uninstall the cabs what happen.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXJC View Post
Where do you go to disable the vertical scroll bar? Having trouble finding it.

Thanks,
You have to have a program called advanced config. Search within that program and disable it.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

bradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
You have to have a program called advanced config. Search within that program and disable it.
Beware that this hides the scroll bar from everything in Windows, not just SMS. I'll try it out, 6.5 has no need for scroll bars anyways!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

this is my most favorite tweak in the entire world. no more counting and i even forgot tha my phone originally counted D: haha
Old 08-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

Here is the cab to remove Vertical Scroll bar.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T6Y6DLHV

and here is a good website on making cabs, just click what you want to change, change the name, and click create cab.

http://triton.homeip.net/RegistryChanger/index.php
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro