PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 05:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila 2.5??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyespocket View Post
thanks for the kind word bro..but u know how people react in here.."you should've search..you should've blah blah blah" which i agree but darn..give a person a break.."sorry for not searching a thousand post?" lol..thanks again..u the type of person that keeps this community great..=)
Man, you should have searched.... come on now......
search....search.....search.....and search some more.

JK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jianwei87 View Post
where can get the manila tf3d 2.5 package?
It hasn't been ported to vga yet....
and I have no idea what device you have as I believe the version linked to has only been seen on a HD.
you should add it to your profile.
it helps in situations like this...
Old 06-27-2009, 07:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

setox is becoming a great contributor

i was just watching the video i like the quick shortcut to apps on the front page and i would like to know what the hell is footprint everything else looks cool and the idea u can disable keyboards though the menu is great i really like the TouchFLO 3D v2.5
Old 06-27-2009, 08:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

surprisingly I am not impressed I like the widget idea don't get me wrong and I wish the video would've went in greater detail about what it would possibly do but beyond that...
meh...
it looks like touch flo 2 with a bit of extra things not like a real new innovation (of course then again I'm looking at the hero so you have to bear with me LOL)
Old 07-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

I don't know how I feel yet, about adding shortcuts to the home screen. I guess I have to get used to it. I like seeing my calendar event reminders.

But I do like the menu enhancements. It seems that now you can do so much more with your settings in manila, without having to through WinMo. However, I haven't seen how 2.5 functions in landscape. The entire pocketnow video was done in portrait.

Anyone know what it looks like in landscape?
"If I've shared info that was helpful 2 U, it's always nice 2 get a Thank You!"
Old 07-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've seen the video and I would guess from that demo that there are a ton of features that are incomplete in 2.5 as of the shooting of that video.

HTC is pretty much trying to bury the WinMo underneath so many layers you won't even know it is there.

If the 2.0 Rhodium port is any indication it will be some time before anyone sees a package of 2.5. First off we will need a release version of it so it's complete and HTC has made TF3D very dependent on other dlls and enhancements that will also need to be ported for it to work right. (ala Tachi dialer for TF3D2!)

The real problem with it will likely be the RAM requirements. Most verizon TP users are already pushing the limits on their ram and have to reduce pagepool to a 3rd of normal just to run the rhodium stuff. I suspect 2.5 is going to be a major ram and system hog!

Time will tell.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by setox View Post
i was just watching the video i like the quick shortcut to apps on the front page and i would like to know what the hell is footprint everything else looks cool and the idea u can disable keyboards though the menu is great i really like the TouchFLO 3D v2.5
Footprint is GeoTagging. I believe it was added to the Mogul at the end if it's life span.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: GSM Diamond BlueAngel Himalaya Charmer
Carrier: orange uk

swampy395 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularswampy395 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularswampy395 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Have a look over on xda look at wiki pages for topaz and Rhodium there's some 6.5 shiped rom's both contain 2.5 but all are 480x800 there is also a 2.5 vga thead but it has stoped untill origonal 2.5 is out.
regards
swampy395
Old 10-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmuhammad View Post
I don't know how I feel yet, about adding shortcuts to the home screen. I guess I have to get used to it. I like seeing my calendar event reminders.

But I do like the menu enhancements. It seems that now you can do so much more with your settings in manila, without having to through WinMo. However, I haven't seen how 2.5 functions in landscape. The entire pocketnow video was done in portrait.

Anyone know what it looks like in landscape?
manila 2.5 does not supprt landscape in any tabs other that music and photos
Old 10-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
manila 2.5 does not supprt landscape in any tabs other that music and photos
Well, that kinda sucks for manila 2.5 rom cooking for the Touch Pro2 doesn't it? Or will it still work in landscaped for sms and email, etc. Cuz if you slide out your keyboard and there's no landscape, you'll be typing but the device will be in portrait mode.

It's not really an issue for the HD or the Leo, because they don't have hardware keyboards...
Old 10-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

http://www.everythingdiamond.info/showthread.php?t=393 You can try out 2.5 on your cdma TP here.. I warn you it's pretty buggy.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro