PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   i keep getting charged for data connection!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72964)

nannay12 06-26-2009 05:27 PM

i keep getting charged for data connection!!

so we have sprint, and i have adv config installed on my phone. i have windows mobile 6.5 installed. i turned off the data connection in adv. config. and i still get charged for using data! I do use Wi-Fi at home a lot, bu this is getting rediculous. if i try to open up a web browser it will say unable to connect or something like that. if i connect to Wi-Fi then it will open up pages and everything works fine although. i do not understand why i keep on getting charged for this. could i take in my phone with windows mobile 6.5 installed and show them that when i have Wi-Fi off then the internet doesnt work. but when its on and connected, i still somehow am getting charged for this? doesnt make any sense. is there an application that will just GET RID of data connection!? and just make it easy. or could someone tell me exactly what setting to have turned off/on in adv. config? this is the second $75 charge for me, and my dad is making me pay for it this time. ](*,)

Thank you.

HBOOT 06-26-2009 05:32 PM

Re: i keep getting charged for data connection!!

Dude, keep it simple. Call em up and ask fora data block. They wil credit you back and put the block.

piranah 06-26-2009 06:42 PM

no offense, but why have a touch pro without a data plan? i can see using wi-fi, as i use it too...but its not worth the $75 every month...

the data block will work...but i learned the hard way about having a smartphone with out a data plan when i was on verizon

MadlyAlive 06-26-2009 06:53 PM

Have you asked Sprint what the charges are for?

jmorton10 06-26-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piranah (Post 999414)

the data block will work...

yes, it will but it also blocks MMS totally (MMS cannot be sent through WiFi)

~John

shaggylive 06-26-2009 09:33 PM

hmm, nobody suggested the infamous NoData.cab from modaco

HBOOT 06-26-2009 09:52 PM

+1 for nodata cab but taking that 75 off will be easy when putting a block:mrgreen:

msl7052 06-26-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB (Post 999781)
+1 for nodata cab but taking that 75 off will be easy when putting a block:mrgreen:

i hear alot of people having the same issue, some of it comes when you dont have a data pack and are opening fwds on text and pic mail. Just give your dad 15 $ a month and be done with it. Youll get more out of the phone anyway. Or call Sprint and pleed ignorance and blame the guy at some random mall Kiosk.

ruskiyab 06-27-2009 12:50 AM

... Or get the $5 per month data plan :)

HBOOT 06-27-2009 12:54 AM

that is ideal on top of getting credit for the 75