PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2009, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

dougw03 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I am never buying an anti-glare screen protector again!

So here's my story. I got the touch pro and bought 3 anti-glare screen protectors off ebay and they were crap, every white background was full of rainbows and was driving me crazy. I heard great things about brando, but was reluctant to pay $11 for a screen protector, but eventually gave in. When I put the brando sp on, SAME EXACT PROBLEM. I was really mad, fortunately their customer service sent me a clear one for free. I just applied it and I feel like going from SD to HD, the clarity is amazing and the colors are so much better. I miss the feel of the anti-glare on my finger when I touchflo, but the sacrifice is worth it. All in all, do not buy an anti-glare with the touch pro, it ruins such a beautiful screen.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: I am never buying an anti-glare screen protector again!

LOL, I didn't like the look of anti-glare screen protectors on my Mogul so when I switched to the Touch PRO I went with the Crystal clear version of Boxwave screen protectors so I feel ya pain...
Old 06-26-2009, 01:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougw03 View Post
their customer service sent me a clear one for free. I just applied it and I feel like going from SD to HD, the clarity is amazing and the colors are so much better. I miss the feel of the anti-glare on my finger when I touchflo, but the sacrifice is worth it. All in .
I use the Brando Ultraclear also, fantastic product.

~John
Old 06-26-2009, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Excheese is just getting started

Me too...Brando is the best I've ever had.

Ex

"Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes"
Old 06-26-2009, 01:49 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

You can use anti-glare but you gotta have a good pair of polorized Maui Jim..
Old 06-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i have to honestly say that the oem screen protector works great for me.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:03 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

same here, I wish they were a bit more solid and last a lil last longer . My first and second both develop a lil scratchy surface on the side where I scroll the most....i gotta fire an email to my Sprint network to get couple
Old 06-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

let me know if you do! i never really had the glaring effect but my backlight is on auto-adjust.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

I LOVE the oem screen protector too. I wish they gave us 2 or 3 in the box instead of one. Mine's getting all scratchy now & I really don't wanna have to buy a new one.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 06-26-2009, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond and TP

Shin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougw03 View Post
So here's my story. I got the touch pro and bought 3 anti-glare screen protectors off ebay and they were crap, every white background was full of rainbows and was driving me crazy. I heard great things about brando, but was reluctant to pay $11 for a screen protector, but eventually gave in. When I put the brando sp on, SAME EXACT PROBLEM. I was really mad, fortunately their customer service sent me a clear one for free. I just applied it and I feel like going from SD to HD, the clarity is amazing and the colors are so much better. I miss the feel of the anti-glare on my finger when I touchflo, but the sacrifice is worth it. All in all, do not buy an anti-glare with the touch pro, it ruins such a beautiful screen.
Man good thing that I did not do the same thing ... thanks for the heads up and Im glad that it all worked great for you at the end !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro