PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Text messaging issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72899)

SolApathy 06-26-2009 03:47 AM

Text messaging issue

Text messaging (MightyRom5)

I am having an issue (or rather annoyance) with text messaging. When I open the message to threaded view I can see about 10 messages, and then am forced to either click on "older" to go back or "newer" to see the newest messages... I just want to see them all. Is there some setting I am missing somewhere?

quick99si 06-26-2009 06:06 AM

Re: Text messaging issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolApathy (Post 997931)
Text messaging (MightyRom5)

I am having an issue (or rather annoyance) with text messaging. When I open the message to threaded view I can see about 10 messages, and then am forced to either click on "older" to go back or "newer" to see the newest messages... I just want to see them all. Is there some setting I am missing somewhere?

Not really. You have the option of viewing them all in Rhodium, but it's going to take a long while for them to load each time you open a message thread. The reason for the older/newer stuff is to mitigate this lag.

SolApathy 06-26-2009 03:30 PM

My question is why is there any lag... Even my instinct could thread & I could scroll through 150 messages w/o any lag. This thing is a lot more powerful than that & it can't even handle 15 messages?

Not to mention it was showing the messages in the middle of the conversation. I had to click "newer" to see the most recent ones which is just silly.

Why wouldn't it show the most recent messages by default?

codybear 06-26-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolApathy (Post 998897)
My question is why is there any lag... Even my instinct could thread & I could scroll through 150 messages w/o any lag. This thing is a lot more powerful than that & it can't even handle 15 messages?

Not to mention it was showing the messages in the middle of the conversation. I had to click "newer" to see the most recent ones which is just silly.

Simple fix.
Backup and then delete or just delete your messages.
You don't need a bunch of your texts,
what are they good for anyways.

quick99si 06-26-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolApathy (Post 998897)

Please file your complaint at www.microsoft.com, under "Windows Mobile."