PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro vs Touch Pro 2 (seeking TP2 users input) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72887)

NinjaPenguin 06-26-2009 01:32 AM

Touch Pro vs Touch Pro 2 (seeking TP2 users input)

I was speaking with my sprint rep at work, and according to him the TP2 should be available early Q4 of this year. Its rumor'd so I put no faith into it. Now judging between phones, spec vs spec, the only difference is WM 6.5, TF3D2, and a bigger screen. Now, 2 of those 3 differences are easily changed with a new rom flash.

Is it really just a decision if you want the bigger screen or not? Is that worth the money you will shell out? Can someone could tell me, if they used it, what a bigger difference is? I'm just not seeing it...

wILLk0r3 818 06-26-2009 01:42 AM

Re: Touch Pro vs Touch Pro 2 (seeking TP2 users input)

This doesn't answer your question, but, I'm getting the device for the larger screen. I just wonder what the next and better device will be and when it's planning on dropping. I just don't want to take the plunge and have a nicer device come out shortly after but I guess that's how it usually goes down. =/

NinjaPenguin 06-26-2009 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wILLk0r3 818 (Post 997834)
This doesn't answer your question, but, I'm getting the device for the larger screen. I just wonder what the next and better device will be and when it's planning on dropping. I just don't want to take the plunge and have a nicer device come out shortly after but I guess that's how it usually goes down. =/

From what I have heard the Omnia Pro will tout a 1GHZ processor on it, only problem I believe its only going to be for Verizon, not sprint. A coworker has the Omnia and between the two, I like TF3D much better but his messaging system seems to be faster than pOutlook

jbearamus 06-26-2009 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaPenguin (Post 997821)
I was speaking with my sprint rep at work, and according to him the TP2 should be available early Q4 of this year. Its rumor'd so I put no faith into it. Now judging between phones, spec vs spec, the only difference is WM 6.5, TF3D2, and a bigger screen. Now, 2 of those 3 differences are easily changed with a new rom flash.

Is it really just a decision if you want the bigger screen or not? Is that worth the money you will shell out? Can someone could tell me, if they used it, what a bigger difference is? I'm just not seeing it...

honestly, the hardware is pretty much the same except for the screen; ram/rom, processor, its the same. I for one would greatly appreciate the larger screen and if I can get ahold of a TP2 for a deal (my upgrade isn't for a while) i will. however, unless you plan on trying to get the touch pro right at the end of its life when the price drops like a rock then the price will probably be the same, the HTC devices have a standing history of being the same price as its predecessor so really all we're talking about is time
I'd wait until some official word starts coming from sprint then decide a couple of weeks ahead of time and researching then decide if you want to catch a touch pro for cheap before you can't get them

wILLk0r3 818 06-26-2009 01:48 AM

My contract is up in October so I'm more than likely gonna jump on one at launch.

jbearamus 06-26-2009 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaPenguin (Post 997841)
From what I have heard the Omnia Pro will tout a 1GHZ processor on it, only problem I believe its only going to be for Verizon, not sprint. A coworker has the Omnia and between the two, I like TF3D much better but his messaging system seems to be faster than pOutlook

i don't think anyone really knows if new omnia will land on sprint(precedent probably says, sprint hasn't had a full fledged samsung smart device in 3 or 4 years), but its probably running qualcomm's new snapdragon and as Willkor3 mentioned, there will be something new in the pipe from HTC be it snapdragon or Tegra something will come, just unfortunately it won't be the TP2 as far as we know, thats going to be another "how long are you willing to wait?"

jbearamus 06-26-2009 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wILLk0r3 818 (Post 997850)
My contract is up in October so I'm more than likely gonna jump on one at launch.

i probably would but my full upgrade isn't until 1/1/10 so i think i'll wait to see if sprint's roadmap leaks again and hopefully something with Tegra will drop Q1/2 of 2010

NinjaPenguin 06-26-2009 02:17 AM

In all honesty it just seems like we are getting the Touch HD in the states now with the new OS and TF3D2. I would like the larger screen, i sometimes get jealous of my room mates iPhone but then quickly realize he hates it and our screen res is MUCH nicer.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, much apreciated. I know my contract isn't up for another year and a half so I may have to pay full price for the bigger screen. I just can't seem to wrap my head around the idea.

ruskiyab 06-26-2009 02:59 AM

1. The TP2 will not have WM 6.5
2. Where are you trying to find TP2 users for input?

jbearamus 06-26-2009 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruskiyab (Post 997913)
1. The TP2 will not have WM 6.5
2. Where are you trying to find TP2 users for input?

1. HTC has mentioned the TP2 and Diamond2 will be upgraded to 6.5 if it isn't already there at the time of launch
2. The TP2 is available in europe and yes we have had european users on the forum before so maybe Penguin was hoping to get lucky and be able to talk to someone that has it
Just a guess anyway