PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

hearurscream is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I think it's bricked.

I think I've run into a unique problem..

My keyboard has stopped working so I decided to flash back the stock Sprint rom so I could take it back to the store and get a replacement. The flash back over worked fine, so I flashed the radio back to stock as well.

When time came to re-lock the device, something must have gone wrong, because when it restarted it gave me an error like "Upgrade ROM code error please try again." I've tried soft resetting, but it just goes straight back into boot loader mode and gives me that error. Hard resetting gives me the same result.

I downloaded MTTY.exe and got it to boot into WinMo, but every time I restart it goes straight back to bootloader and that error. Any attempts to Unlock the device, or flash to another ROM/Radio results in a frozen 0% status bar and an eventual 262 error. The bootup screen says SPL-0.37.0000 which leads me to believe it is relocked.

I'm stuck, any ideas?
Old 06-25-2009, 10:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

TMan11 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to TMan11
Exclamation Re: I think it's bricked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearurscream View Post
I think I've run into a unique problem..

My keyboard has stopped working so I decided to flash back the stock Sprint rom so I could take it back to the store and get a replacement. The flash back over worked fine, so I flashed the radio back to stock as well.

When time came to re-lock the device, something must have gone wrong, because when it restarted it gave me an error like "Upgrade ROM code error please try again." I've tried soft resetting, but it just goes straight back into boot loader mode and gives me that error. Hard resetting gives me the same result.

I downloaded MTTY.exe and got it to boot into WinMo, but every time I restart it goes straight back to bootloader and that error. Any attempts to Unlock the device, or flash to another ROM/Radio results in a frozen 0% status bar and an eventual 262 error. The bootup screen says SPL-0.37.0000 which leads me to believe it is relocked.

I'm stuck, any ideas?
I think just like the title says that you did brick your phone,i dont see how you can fix it.All you can do is come up with a h**l of a storie to get it replaced and do not do whatever you did ever again. HOPE THIS HELPS

Old 06-25-2009, 11:02 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: I think it's bricked.

try and run the unlocker and flash the stock rom again... If it can get into bootloader id try flashing and etc...

edit: sorry i didnt read ya already tried it....

Last edited by Dragon2; 06-25-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:03 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

same thing happened to me when i had to restore to stock and relock.... try to put the RAPHIMG.nbh from this zip onto your sd card and hold the power button and volume down button while soft resetting... if this is successful, rename the RUU_signed.nbh from any rom to RAPHIMG.nbh and do the same thing.
if this works, you can try the flash back to stock and relock again
Old 06-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hearurscream is a n00b

The problem is the phone actually got re-locked, so I can't flash from the SD card. Any time I try to run the RomUpdateUtility, the phone goes into bootloader mode and shows the status bar, but then it freezes at 0% and the update utility gets the 262 error.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:24 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

the RAPHIMG.nbh i linked is the unlocker, so you can try to unlock it via sd card
Old 06-25-2009, 11:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hearurscream is a n00b

Ill give that a shot. If any one has any more ideas, suggestions let me know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro