PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Scrolling within messages (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72865)

rlmentz 06-25-2009 08:56 PM

Scrolling within messages

Is there a registry key that controls if text is selected or the message scrolls? Right now when I am in an email or text message i have to use the scroll bar on the right to read the entire email. If i scroll on the text, it highlights the text.

lwrdrchvy2 06-25-2009 09:24 PM

Re: Scrolling within messages

Haven't heard of a reg edit that does that but try touching the screen and then dragging up or down, don't do it at the same time. I noticed that if i tried to scroll to fast it always highlighted the msg but if i pressed the screen and delayed the scrolling motion just slightly it would scroll instead of highlight.

rlmentz 06-25-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 (Post 997283)
Haven't heard of a reg edit that does that but try touching the screen and then dragging up or down, don't do it at the same time. I noticed that if i tried to scroll to fast it always highlighted the msg but if i pressed the screen and delayed the scrolling motion just slightly it would scroll instead of highlight.

no, just highlights. and if i leave it there to long, i get the menu.

rlmentz 06-25-2009 10:39 PM

Maybe this has something to do with an HTC program. I remember being able to slide from the left to the right in an email and it would flip to the next or previous email. Thats not working either. Im using a bare bones rom made by erice.

lwrdrchvy2 06-26-2009 01:52 AM

Definitely need to have touchflo installed on the device for those features to work. Does your start menu allow for you to scroll by finger or do you have to use the scroll bar?

boredandtattooed 06-26-2009 07:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
just flick the screen, dont drag.. flick up for down, vice versa.... ill give ya the sensor scroll though if you want it, the you use the dpad like the ipod to scroll

rlmentz 06-27-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 998021)
just flick the screen, dont drag.. flick up for down, vice versa.... ill give ya the sensor scroll though if you want it, the you use the dpad like the ipod to scroll

Thanks, but please dont take offense, Im not new to this phone. :mrgreen: I know how it used to work. Anyway, Ill give the sensor scroll a try and see what i think.

rlmentz 06-27-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 (Post 997857)
Definitely need to have touchflo installed on the device for those features to work. Does your start menu allow for you to scroll by finger or do you have to use the scroll bar?

Yep, everything else works by finger scroll except the text messages and email. I remember there was an option to turn on word select, and it would then act exactly like it is right now. The option was in the menu that pops up when you hold your finger on the screen in the message window. (I think).

jjs85 06-27-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlmentz (Post 1000934)
I remember there was an option to turn on word select, and it would then act exactly like it is right now. The option was in the menu that pops up when you hold your finger on the screen in the message window. (I think).

Thats an option in Opera...otherwise i would just try a different ROM and see if it works