PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pc
Carrier: verizon

midi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Plz help VZ Visual Voicemail after firmware update

Looking for some help on getting visual voicemail working after installing the recent VZ firmware update. The ROM update installs VVM 1.1.7 and start.vzw.com lets you download 1.1.9.

When I install the program it tells me my phone is not provisioned for VVM and asks if I agree to pay 2.99 a month, etc. I agree and then it gives me an error 206 and says to call customer support. Basically, the same thing that people were reporting last year when trying to put VVM on the TP. But now it's in the ROM and available at start.vzw.com.

So people say they have installed the ROM and have it working fine by provisioning online, but has anyone had the same error (206) and been successful getting this working after calling customer service?

The thing is, when I call customer service, and I have twice now, that I'm told VVM is not available for the TP. One rep basically ended it there, another spent about 20 minutes trying to figure it out but came back with, it's not available and neither can tell me why if it's in the VZ ROM can I not have the feature working.

Oh, and for CS I went to the PDA support section, is there a better option?

thanks in advance,

Midi
Old 06-25-2009, 07:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Plz help VZ Visual Voicemail after firmware update

keep trying to reload it. there was also problems with the GPS fix with this update and a couple of reinstalls fixed it. do a soft reset, install, soft reset and see if that does anything. if not try it again till it works or you just give up. lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro