PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   New to flashing ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72826)

blazinazn 06-25-2009 02:48 PM

New to flashing ROM

So everyone keeps recommending flashing a new ROM so I've been doing some research but I still have a few questions:

1) Is there a 6.5 ROM with TF3D2 that is basically a stock ROM with all the basic applications but with all the tweaks (i.e page pools etc)

2) I am currently using PIM backup to back up contacts and what not, can I restore my contacts with PIM?

3) I have custom landscape and slider icons, will those work with TF3D2?

Thanks!

NinjaPenguin 06-25-2009 02:56 PM

Re: New to flashing ROM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazinazn (Post 996338)
So everyone keeps recommending flashing a new ROM so I've been doing some research but I still have a few questions:

1) Is there a 6.5 ROM with TF3D2 that is basically a stock ROM with all the basic applications but with all the tweaks (i.e page pools etc)

2) I am currently using PIM backup to back up contacts and what not, can I restore my contacts with PIM?

Thanks!

1) Try Silence's 6.5 Rhodium. I tried it out and loved it.

2) Yes you should be able to restore them. I am using SPB Backup because I love how it creates an EXE for restoring.

3) I am not completely sure. I believe the manilla files are different for the TF3D2 than original, thus you may have to find custom Rhodium sliders.

Hope I helped a little!

aln12483 06-25-2009 03:05 PM

I just have to note that PIM Backup works like a charm, I use it all the time b4 I flash and then restore the txt messages, contacts, etc...

basilray 06-25-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Thanks!

Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there are a lot of ROM's with the Rhodium Manilla. If I remember reading correctly, this is because it isn't as stable as many Chefs would like since it hasn't officially been released...much like WinMo 6.5.

Another option for you to backup/restore contacts would be to use M$oft MyPhone. This would give you over the air backup/restore of contacts. But PIM or SPB work like magic as well. I have been using SPB but have been thinking of giving PIM a try along with Sashimi for auto-loading cabs/contacts/customizations after a flash.

Guero 06-25-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Flash a ROM without TF3D and install TF3D2 from a cab.

mgioia2 06-25-2009 07:11 PM

JD's newest is 6.5 but with TF3D...barebones and speed/stability is amazing...

basilray 06-25-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgioia2 (Post 997000)
JD's newest is 6.5 but with TF3D...barebones and speed/stability is amazing...

Does it have TF3d 2? I think that's what OP is looking for.

mgioia2 06-25-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilray (Post 997046)
Does it have TF3d 2? I think that's what OP is looking for.

Nope, that's why i said "but with TF3D"...small price to pay for a ridiculously good ROM...or go with DCD's 6.5 w/no TF3D installed and install your own...

dwizzy130 06-25-2009 09:28 PM

I say go with Juicy 8. It's been my favorite 6.5 ROM. It has TFLO3D2 and a bunch of tweaks. It also has all the esential programs that you could need.
Just my 2 cents,

dwizzy130

YouMayLose 06-25-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aln12483 (Post 996385)
I just have to note that PIM Backup works like a charm, I use it all the time b4 I flash and then restore the txt messages, contacts, etc...

I just wanna say for contacts pim works awesome.. but be careful restoring text,emails and what not in windows 6.5 as it tends to make exiting out of say a text msg a pain (30 second slow down)....