PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21
Email problem for Touch Pro on Verizon!

Hey I have a few questions.

I have a Sprint Diamond and I love it. I'm running the custom Winmo 6.5 Mystery rom and have little or few problems. My buddy here at work just joined the Winmo world and purchased a Verizon Touch Pro. He is having all kinds of problems syncing his emails. I have no problems on Sprint. He was told by Verizon that Hotmail does not sync with his phone. He tried to sync Yahoo and it never downloads his email, it keeps going back to the password login screen. He just got the phone so it's basically still the stock rom. Anyone have any suggestions to help my buddy out? I know nothing about Verzion and I personally don't care for them. But for his sake he just wants to be able to have all his email accounts working properly.

Thanks
Old 06-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Email problem for Touch Pro on Verizon!

make sure he types in his full email address ie. loginname@yahoo.com
Hotmail Live should sync with any WM phone regardless of carrier as well as I don't see why having Verizon would affect that.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
make sure he types in his full email address ie. loginname@yahoo.com
Hotmail Live should sync with any WM phone regardless of carrier as well as I don't see why having Verizon would affect that.
He did all those things u listed above. I know that the Verizon email is different than it is on my Sprint Phone. Verizon has something called "mobile email" and it lists all the different email clients but hotmail is not listed in that group.

Can anyone who has verizon tell me if they got it to work?
Old 06-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You have to install Windows Live and it will help push Live/Hotmail messages to your phone.

Is mobile email a program or a modified pocket outlook?
Old 06-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
You have to install Windows Live and it will help push Live/Hotmail messages to your phone.

Is mobile email a program or a modified pocket outlook?
INstall Windows Live from where? Is there a cab file?
See on my Sprint diamond inside my programs I have Msn messenger once I sync that it syncs my hotmail account. On his Verizon Touch Pro he does not have Messenger in his programs. He only has the Mobile email which is just a shortcut to all the email clients he has setup. Is there a cab file for msn messenger out there?
Old 07-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Any Verizon Touch pro users out there? I need your input. My buddy at work just came from the Verizon store and they told him to his face that Windows Mobile phones can not sync up with Hotmail.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
Any Verizon Touch pro users out there? I need your input. My buddy at work just came from the Verizon store and they told him to his face that Windows Mobile phones can not sync up with Hotmail.
Hotmail can absolutely sync with windows mobile. It's MS's own platform and they've even developed push support for hotmail/live emails. Since I'm not too familiar with Verizon's built in apps, you'd likely need to stop using their version of mail and just use the normal pocket outlook that comes with the phone.

Try going to mobile.live.com and see if you can download a Windows Live cab, it typically includes support for things like Bing search, Live Maps, Live messenger, etc.

I've used Hotmail/Live email on several WM phones including the Mogul and the TP so I'm positive it works. Installing that Windows Live suite enables push support.

I typically find that VZW employees have no idea what they're talking about. I once had a guy tell me totally convinced that I would be charged for data usage over a WiFi network. Either he was an idiot, or was sketchy as hell in trying to sell me a data plan. Either way I don't trust anything they say anymore.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 07-01-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Hotmail can absolutely sync with windows mobile. It's MS's own platform and they've even developed push support for hotmail/live emails. Since I'm not too familiar with Verizon's built in apps, you'd likely need to stop using their version of mail and just use the normal pocket outlook that comes with the phone.

Try going to mobile.live.com and see if you can download a Windows Live cab, it typically includes support for things like Bing search, Live Maps, Live messenger, etc.

I've used Hotmail/Live email on several WM phones including the Mogul and the TP so I'm positive it works. Installing that Windows Live suite enables push support.

I typically find that VZW employees have no idea what they're talking about. I once had a guy tell me totally convinced that I would be charged for data usage over a WiFi network. Either he was an idiot, or was sketchy as hell in trying to sell me a data plan. Either way I don't trust anything they say anymore.
I know it it works, cause I have the Sprint Diamond and it works fine for me. But the people at Verizon are telling him that it does not work with Winmo phones. So I'm just curious if any other Verizon users had or have the same issue.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

jeffreypjacobs is a n00b

I have TP on Verizon and my hotmail absolutely syncs. Do as described, download the windows live cab. Then go to start>messaging>set up email and add the hotmail account there. Cab doesn't need to be on phone, storage card is fine.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreypjacobs View Post
I have TP on Verizon and my hotmail absolutely syncs. Do as described, download the windows live cab. Then go to start>messaging>set up email and add the hotmail account there. Cab doesn't need to be on phone, storage card is fine.
Ok thanks, to get the cab all he has to do is go to the mobile.live.com?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro