PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (FRESH!)
Carrier: Sprint

tripflex is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tripflex
How to disable lock?!

Alright so my phone is hooked up to my work exchange server, and with policy enforcements i am required to have a password lock on my phone.

And this drives me NUTS!! Especially since every time i want to use my phone or look at a text message i have to type in the code. I set it to every 15 minutes (max) but that's still driving me crazy.

Does anybody know of any registry hacks or any CABs that will disable me having to type in the lock code? Or maybe something that will do it for me whenever i turn on the phone?

I'm running Juicy's ROM and it has the slide to unlock on it and i'm fine with that, it's just that after i slide to unlock i have to punch in a code to unlock!!

Idealistically i would like only have to enter the code on power up.

Anybody got any ideas or suggestions on where i might start at?

Thanks!!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: How to disable lock?!

oohh nooes i have to take 1 sec longer to use my phone :P
Old 06-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

If your company is enforcing a lock, you can probably do away with any s2u2 or other screen lock, since it's not necessary.

But really...a couple of considerations. Supposedly there are hacks out there that work for this sort of thing - try searching here or xda, I know I've seen something out there (can't say if it/they work). That said, if your company enforces that, there's a reason. They don't want thieves reading your email, sending email on your behalf, or having access to your company directory. Bypassing or disabling it is probably an offense that will get you fired - something to think about unless you have extreme job security or know you can find another job in this wonderful economy (heaven help you if you live in California right now). Frankly I'm amazed they let you change the timeout value. I've heard of companies forcing it to 1 minute!

Sporkman...I'm assuming you're kidding...I have to say having to enter a password for every freakin' screen would be annoying as heck-all, only I wouldn't say heck but for the filters here.

Anyway, good luck with it...if you're in a position to negotiate, maybe you could discuss the matter with a superior and the exchange administrator and reach some sort of compromise.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Are you sure 15min is the max?
I can set my lock to ask for a password if it is idle for times up to 24hrs. I'm using the stock lock on 6.1 though.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The thing is...all that is setup by our office in Atlanta who i know for a fact will not change anything.

I'm out IT admin here in Orlando and i still cannot get anything like that changed. I'm not worried about anybody getting any information or anything of that sort because i keep a close eye on my phone.

And yes, it is that annoying having to enter my password every time i use my phone because i use it a million times a day. So much that i have a charger at my desk, my house, and a car dock in my truck.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

So what lock are you using?
Old 06-30-2009, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

It's the basic windows lock, the one that is built into windows mobile
Old 06-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Well...you should be able to go to settings from the start button and click on lock, then type in your password, and then you should be able to select a longer time so it won't ask you for the password every time. It will only ask for the password on startup and after the device is idle for the time you specify.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

look into throttle lock. quick and easy.
you slide your finger in a pattern to unlock.
you can have a 3x3 pattern all the way up to 10x10 pattern.
check it out and you should see what I mean by that.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
look into throttle lock. quick and easy.
you slide your finger in a pattern to unlock.
you can have a 3x3 pattern all the way up to 10x10 pattern.
check it out and you should see what I mean by that.

Tried that but it doesn't overwrite the windows mobile one.

What i'm looking for i guess is something that takes over the windows lock. Even if that throttle lock was the only one besides the windows mobile i would be fine with since it's easy...

Last edited by tripflex; 07-02-2009 at 01:41 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro