PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 07:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy a Normal US Cellular CDMA 6.5 Stock Version

I like the advantages and upgrades in 6.5. But I would like a minimum of what I have on my US Cellular 6.1. I have tried about 6 ROMs and have gone back to 6.1 every time. Right now I am using Elite, but I may revert back. The Elite is loaded to the max with everything. But at 199.23 memory max, I only have 79.57 left. Not a lot, so it is TOO BIG. There is a lot of programs in there I will probably never use. So does anyone have a ROM that has less? I rather install the programs I want to use and have the ones I want, then to install a fully loaded ROM and have programs I probably won't use. Or can someone create a Stock US Cellular 6.5 Touch Pro ROM? And I promise I will make a donation to the genius that can create this ROM. (Please if you do, load the US Cellular version of 6.1 and note all the programs in there.) I have a feeling I will revert back tonight, so if you are interested in doing this, I will probably list the programs that I need as a minimum. Thanks in advance. (Oh BTW I am not rich, but if I like and use your ROM I can squeeze out maybe $20 out of my budget) As long as no one tells the wife!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: a Normal US Cellular CDMA 6.5 Stock Version

The Elite is one of the only loaded roms out there. What others have you tried?

DCD is completely clean, not even TF3D
Juicy8 doesn't have extras

Just some examples
Old 06-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
The Elite is one of the only loaded roms out there. What others have you tried?

DCD is completely clean, not even TF3D
Juicy8 doesn't have extras

Just some examples
I have tried Longhorn (2 different version) Mighty Rom4 and 5. Hells Fire (Or something like that) One other I forgot the name. I have it at home, but I am at work now. TF3D is one option I like. I have major problems with elite or at least the browser (Opera) It doesn't see to work that well, I click on it, and sometimes it freezes, or takes minutes to load up. Sometimes when I try to go to a webpage it just closes on me. I figured it is giving me pain because of lack of memory. I will look into Jucy8 when I get home. But TF3D I like, and it looks like the one in 6.5 is more complete than the one in 6.1.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
I have tried Longhorn (2 different version) Mighty Rom4 and 5. Hells Fire (Or something like that) One other I forgot the name. I have it at home, but I am at work now. TF3D is one option I like. I have major problems with elite or at least the browser (Opera) It doesn't see to work that well, I click on it, and sometimes it freezes, or takes minutes to load up. Sometimes when I try to go to a webpage it just closes on me. I figured it is giving me pain because of lack of memory. I will look into Jucy8 when I get home. But TF3D I like, and it looks like the one in 6.5 is more complete than the one in 6.1.
JD's newest is 6.5 and has TF3D, boots up with about 145MB of free RAM.

It's a Sprint ROM though, you'd probably need to find the settings to change it to US Cellular (maybe DCD has a .cab).
Old 06-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

He does actually - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=168
Old 06-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

I am currently using Demolition, it is a 6.5 and says it is for all carriers. It has been fast and while it does have some extra programs pre-installed, most of them are very handy to have. That my vote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
hey OD(or any1 else)...do u have a stock rom for uscc??? or can u point me in the right direction to get one??? TIA
Old 06-25-2009, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work

You can try Mighty Mike and Juicy47's Copper ROM. It's very minimalist. It is a tweaked version of 6.5 with absolutely no fluff.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64242
Old 06-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
hey OD(or any1 else)...do u have a stock rom for uscc??? or can u point me in the right direction to get one??? TIA
I have the Stock US Cellular ROM, I was given the link, but now I can't seem to find it. It resides on my Hard Drive.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
You can try Mighty Mike and Juicy47's Copper ROM. It's very minimalist. It is a tweaked version of 6.5 with absolutely no fluff.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64242
I tried Copper ROM but no TP3D in there. Mighty Mike? I already tried Mighty ROM 4 and 5. So nothing new there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro