PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 04:32 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Updated June 24th* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5 ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
I do know what I am talking about. You seem to be stating something as fact. The burden of proof is on you. What evidence do you have that the leaked builds have officially been released to us for testing? Further, what evidence do you have that they RELY on us to discover bugs... by the way... discovering bugs and fixing them are two different things. THEY fix the bugs. WE do not. In any case, I hardly believe they need this community to test their builds. That is what they pay their employees to do. There actually have been some C&Ds sent out. Ask Juicy. The reality is, they don't want to waste their money / time on C&Ds because what we are doing here is of no consequence to them. If it is ever determined that this community creates a monetary gap for them, trust me, they will close it.

You ask Juicy. The reality is that his C&D notice was fake. I got a fake one too at one point. BTW, I never said that we "fix" the bugs -- I said that we "work out" the bugs, and we do.

The fact is that the 10 members of the MSM Development team will never come close to finding all the bugs that the thousands of users here have. The fact is they need us.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

echomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuff

Quote:
You ask Juicy. The reality is that his C&D notice was fake. I got a fake one too at one point. BTW, I never said that we "fix" the bugs -- I said that we "work out" the bugs, and we do.

The fact is that the 10 members of the MSM Development team will never come close to finding all the bugs that the thousands of users here have. The fact is they need us.
I agree...
Thank god for people like yourself. That's one of the main reasons I have a WM phone. Fact is it's still illegal, even though they let people get away with it. But they let you do it cause you help them find fixes and work around and provide great feedback. Does that remind you of someone? Back to my first point I use his ROM cause my phone likes it and in turn I like it.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post

Ah! Now you are speaking a real language that I can almost agree with. I don't agree that discovering bugs and working them out are the same thing though. I think that they (MS) perhaps pay attention to what we do... but probably little comes of it. So I don't think they NEED us as much as you say they do. A lot of the bugs out there are based on bad combinations of things. One could argue that much of the PDA software just isn't "ready" for the build in question... which would mean that the bug is not necessarily one that MS is to blame for. Whether the C&Ds are fake or not, makes no difference. It lends no support to your claims. If MS wanted to shut this all down, they could. The only reason they dont is because this community consumes their products. We actually DO PAY for their products. But they will do what they want to do. They aren't going to take bugs reported from hack jobs as real. They might consider some of it... but these days, their dev tools find all the bugs for them automatically. Have you not yet heard of use cases? I AM a developer... so I am not speaking out of my arse.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Alltel

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
but these days, their dev tools find all the bugs for them automatically. .
LOL. Then their dev tools suck balls because winmo has more builds by the hundreds if not thousands than any other mobile OS and it is still the most buggy and least reliable of all.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceo View Post
LOL. Then their dev tools suck balls because winmo has more builds by the hundreds if not thousands than any other mobile OS and it is still the most buggy and least reliable of all.
My use of the word ALL was overstated. Many bugs can be found automatically. And if the OS is most buggy and least reliable, why aren't you on the iPhone or crackberry?
Old 07-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker

bullet2300 is keeping up the good workbullet2300 is keeping up the good work

Stay on topic please, this is not a debate about the legality of WinMo 6.5, nor is it a debate of what OS is the best. This is a thread for NSFAN's ROMs...
Old 07-06-2009, 05:39 PM
AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2300 View Post
Stay on topic please, this is not a debate about the legality of WinMo 6.5, nor is it a debate of what OS is the best. This is a thread for NSFAN's ROMs...
The debate stemmed from a discussion regarding NSFAN as a thief of intellectual property.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

bullet2300 is keeping up the good workbullet2300 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
The debate stemmed from a discussion regarding NSFAN as a thief of intellectual property.
Yes, which there is nothing left to discuss. If you don't like his ROMs, don't download or use them. When is enough enough ?
Old 07-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Bell

echomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuff

Quote:
Yawn!
Old 07-06-2009, 05:46 PM
AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2300 View Post
Yes, which there is nothing left to discuss. If you don't like his ROMs, don't download or use them. When is enough enough ?
I don't have a TP, so I can't anyway -- but to answer your question:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=95

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro