PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Sifter is keeping up the good workSifter is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Another Chrome Thread

So I read up on the information found on this site about the early Touch Pro's having defective chrome. I have one of those, and the IMEI number falls into the range given.

I emailed ecare and they opened a ticket and this was their reply:

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am happy to assist you with the
issue of the chrome trim flaking from your phone. This is a known issue
that can be resolved by taking the phone to a Sprint Service and Repair
center. I have created a ticket for this purpose. For your records,
the ticket number is xxxxxxx.

To locate a Sprint store near you and schedule an appointment, please
visit:

http://storelocator.sprint.com

So I take my phone in, they look the ticket number up, and say that there will be a charge of 119.00. At that point I said no way.

Has anyone else been charged for this?

Id like to know what my next step is.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Another Chrome Thread

they wanted to charge you for a known issue? i would have wanted to speak to the manager and then had them on a 3 way call with customer support.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yes, the way the ticket was entered by e-care was a charge repair. The guy at the store flipped the screen around and showed it to me.

And it even said "known issue".
Old 06-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

From what I read it's supposed to be free. Ask the rep to create another ticket, whether it's online, phone or in-store, but make sure that they know this is not supposed to be a charge repair. Tell them that this type of repair should be covered under the 1-year warranty and you are not liable for it.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:12 PM
VIP Member

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i would have been on the phone with sprint right that second. at i may have to put up with a lot of crap from VZN but at least i dont have to worry about chrome pealing or flaking or being charged for a "known issue". so far im still under the 1year HTC warranty so im GTG till feb. if that happened to me, VZn would have had some walkouts from there store because of the hell i would have rased.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

my phone is still under the 1 year warranty as well. So call customer care back? or go back into the store?
Old 06-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifter View Post
my phone is still under the 1 year warranty as well. So call customer care back? or go back into the store?
It'll probably save time to go through customer care first and make sure that the e-ticket they create doesn't hold you liable for service/repair charges. It would suck if you went into the store and the reps gave you sass about it and going back anyway to file something.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Talked to e-care again and they are sending out another one. I guess Ill end up with a refurbished phone?
Old 06-18-2009, 04:34 PM
VIP Member

check the warranty for your phone, does it say replaced with new or referb? i cant remember what it said. if it doesnt say anything about a referb ***** till you get a new phone.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifter View Post
Talked to e-care again and they are sending out another one. I guess Ill end up with a refurbished phone?
I think they still have new TPs in stock, so it's probably luck of the draw. For your circumstance I would hope they give you a new TP as this is a known issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro