PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint touch pro -Macbook pro Tethering (Bluetooth PAN) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72743)

Gabeomatic 06-24-2009 07:51 PM

Sprint touch pro -Macbook pro Tethering (Bluetooth PAN)

Hey, searched around the site but couldn't find any relevent info. I have the juciy 7 rom on my cdma touch pro on a SERO plan, and set up bluetooth pan tethering with my macbook pro. Speeds aren't bad, around 900k dl 500k upload (configured using DHCP). I was wondering if there were any beneficial settings to mess around with either on the touch pro or the mac in order to maximize my speed?

Also, i only have the option to switch between bluetooth pan and usb on the internet sharing screen, and my network connection is auto set to DATA while i can choose sprint pcs vision on my macbook. Is everything set up right?

I first paired the bluetooth devices together, then chose connect to network through my touch pro in the bluetooth options of my computer. Ive also heard of the registry hacks but i think that was already done with juicys rom right?? And is there some other Wm file used to tether, what is that? I just want to know the Most efficient way to tether my Tpro to the macbook.

Other than that, i can help people set up basic tethering between macs and the sprint tpro, but I want to know the best config settings even for a regular bluetooth connection. Thanks in advance.

ALSO: can i tether through wifi (using wmwifirouter) or usb on the macbook pro? I want to see if i could reach faster speeds.

ryeguy8585 06-25-2009 11:21 AM

Re: Sprint touch pro -Macbook pro Tethering (Bluetooth PAN)

I am also able to tether via Bluetooth PAN on my MacBook pro (cetrain custom Roms break this functionallity MightyRom 4.x). I am also able to do so using WMWifiRouter. Both are sufficient for basic IM and Web browsing. I never did a speed test cause I am just using it in when Im in a pinch and need basic access. I have been unable to make it work via USB... and I believe that is because the Mac does not have correct drivers for the TP. I am currently on juicy ROM 8 I think and both methods of thereing work ATM but I am looking to switch ROMS due to bugs w/ the contacts manager and GUI distortions that happen pretty often.

CozBoogie 06-25-2009 11:35 AM

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz

Gabeomatic 06-26-2009 08:10 PM

Please help, recently the i havent been able to tether at all or at incredibly slow speeds.. this doesn't seem to be as reliable as i thought it would be. It shows that everything is connected, but the internet loads forever =/ Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm on SERO and trying to tether at the same location where i was previously getting 900-1000k speeds..

EDIT: would upgrading from juicy 7 to 8 give me an update in internet sharing?

relux 07-09-2009 06:57 PM

Bluetooth PAN is very very broken on the MacBooks. You're not the only one with the issue. I havent been able to get any decent speeds with either AT&T Fuze or a Sprint Touch Pro. I've given up. I now just have the Touch Pro connected to a PC via Internet Sharing and then the connection Shared and broadcasted out through the wifi card on the PC where I can connect on the Mac via ad-hoc connection.

It has to do with the drivers for the bluetooth radio. My MacBook has a Cambridge Silicon Radio device with Apple Bluetooth Software version 2.1.6f8. Internet Sharing works great if I am using Boot Camp so i rule out the hardware. Some people have reported success using bluetooth dongles instead of the built-in bluetooth. Unfortunately, I can't verify this because both my dongles are cambridge silicon radios as well.

yruugly 07-11-2009 05:12 PM

I struggle with the same thing on a sprint touch pro. Silence9 is the rom so far that works perfect with bt pan. Turn on bt and make visible, start ics, pair the mac, make sure use as network port is checked, in netowork on the mac create bt pan device , on mac hit connect to network. Like a charm.