PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 12:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

tracerit is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
did they ever upgrade the quality of the Touch Pro? i have early version

I have one that was manufactured sometime last year, probably during the first few batches. There's a part of the phone, right above the VOLUME UP that broke off. now when the keyboard is open, the top screen will be slanted because that piece that broke off was a "stopper" so the phone would not extend too far.

is this something that i can bring in for an exchange? i bought the phone off ebay and it was in excellent condition. i don't have the monthly phone insurance.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:34 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra
Re: did they ever upgrade the quality of the Touch Pro? i have early version

before i traded my phone in for warranty reasons, there was a lot more play in the slider (the screen could wobble while the keyboard was out) and the bottom right corner of the screen was sticking out a bit. the replacement was manufactured in may '09 and feels a lot more solid. no play in the slider and the screen is flush with the dpad.
also, i know they fixed the chrome flaking issue.
so basically, to answer your question, i believe they did
Old 06-24-2009, 07:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TIGER02 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TIGER02 Send a message via Yahoo to TIGER02

U might want to add the insurance for a week then take it in and trade... thats what i had to do with my mogul back in the day and i think the insurance was something cheap
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:22 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

sprint won't let you add insurance if the phone has been activated for more than 30 days
Old 06-24-2009, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

I don't know if the build quality has been improved, but there does seem to be less "my keyboard died" posts around here.

OTH, after 3 different HTC devices, I'm of the personal opinion that HTC and quality don't go together. 3 days ago I discovered that there are 2 fine cracks in one of the glass layers of my screen and it appears that it happened while the phone was charging on my desk. I guess wrapping it in Best Skins Ever, always using a case, never dropping it and generally treating it like a fragile egg means nothing. Since I can't prove that I didn't do anything to break the screen beyond showing the pristine condition of the case, I'll be forced to use insurance and the $100 deductible if I want a "crack free" unit. I'm holding out that it won't get worse before 10/09 when we'll be off contract and I can hopefully find something less frustrating than HTC and WM.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sprint had an open sign up for insurance a little while back, not sure if it's still going on. Even if you had your phone for a while, you could still add it. The extended warranty part is definitely worth it, but i'm not so sure about the insurance part.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
before i traded my phone in for warranty reasons, there was a lot more play in the slider (the screen could wobble while the keyboard was out) and the bottom right corner of the screen was sticking out a bit. the replacement was manufactured in may '09 and feels a lot more solid. no play in the slider and the screen is flush with the dpad.
also, i know they fixed the chrome flaking issue.
so basically, to answer your question, i believe they did
you know... i got a replacement from sprint about 3 weeks ago and the phone seemed a bit loose upon initial inspection, since having it for a couple weeks it is getting more and more loose and wabbly, i took the phone to sprint and the tech said thats how its supposed to be. Well my previous TP did not feel like this, i think ill be heading back in and demanding a replacement.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:26 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

as long as the phone is under one year (sprint goes by activation date) a service center will swap it out, but no guarantee it will be a newer version. Im sure the refurbs are the early versions everyone was swapping out. If you go through HTC's warranty they send a brand new one but im not sure if they need a receipt from an actual store or if they go by some other requirements.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500
Threadstarter

tracerit is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
as long as the phone is under one year (sprint goes by activation date) a service center will swap it out, but no guarantee it will be a newer version. Im sure the refurbs are the early versions everyone was swapping out. If you go through HTC's warranty they send a brand new one but im not sure if they need a receipt from an actual store or if they go by some other requirements.

i bought this phone from another local seller, we went to a service center and the guy there activated it, this was back in february. i think i'll go back tomorrow when they're open thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro