PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

eoberman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Touch Pro Missing Calls Delayed Voicemail/SMS

I have had a Sprint HTC Touch pro and have noticed that over the last 2 weeks that sometimes when somebody calls me they will say that the phone goes directly into voicemail without ringing. I will never know that the person called until I receive the voicemail, which is sometimes 20 min to 3 hours later. Sometimes I will call my own phone and it seems to work even in the same room where I missed the phone call. I have also had an issue of not receiving an SMS and may show up 2 to 4 hours later.

Because I use this phone for business, I depend on receiving my phone calls, SMS and voicemails on time. I should mention that other coworkers on Sprint are not having this issue in the same building as me, which normally has good Sprint coverage. I also notice that I usually have 1 bar of signal strength on my phone and sometimes for a few seconds may switch to 3 bars and then goes right back to 1 bar.

I called sprint 5 times in the last 2 weeks and they made a few adjustments on my phone settings, like setting roaming mode to Automatic mode. The next rep switched that back. None of the reps seem to understand what is happening. The latest rep told me to go into the Sprint store to have my phone replaced again, which was just replaced last month. Has anybody else been having this experience? Do you think this is a Touch Pro issue or a Sprint issue? I am contemplating leaving Sprint altogether and going Iphone instead. Another coworker of mine has the Iphone 3G and has none of the same issues. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HTC Touch Pro Missing Calls Delayed Voicemail/SMS

There's a few threads about this. I practically pulled my hair out trying to fix your exact problem after having been with Sprint for over 9 years, and never did get it resolved. I will say that the problem started when I switched to the Diamond & continued with the Pro, so it makes me wonder if it isn't something related to these phones specifically.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

eoberman is a n00b

Thank you 8notime. I've been seeing more people on these forums reporting similar issues. The question is whether going in and replacing my phone will make a difference. I even asked if they could replace it with a different brand of phone and they said they have to replace your phone 3 times with the same model before considering giving a different phone, even if it's cheaper. It's a shame that a $300 phone could have these kinds of voice/messaging issue. These seem like such basic functions of a very advanced smartphone and it seems to me that Sprint or HTC missed something here.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

I had similar problems years ago with a startac. I used the phone for almost a year before I started getting direct to voicemail callls and delayed notification (no sms in those days). I blamed Sprint for lousy degraded service (and not doing much to keep my buisness) and switched to Verizon when my contract was up. About 3 months later I gave the startac to a friend to replace her identical broken phone. Turns out the phone's radio sucked!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro