PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   HELP flashing phone!!! NOT A NOOB! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72721)

m_reyna_16 06-24-2009 05:25 PM

HELP flashing phone!!! NOT A NOOB!

ive been flashing ever since i got my mogul. see what is happening is that my keyboard went out on me, took it in to sprint and a friend of mine replaced my keyboard, and so that is fixed! before i took it to sprint, i did the relock on it, turns out i might have done something wrong because i checked the phone in tri color mode and saw it was still unlocked! sooooo, now that i want to flash to a custom rom, the original sprint rom (even though that is the one im running right now), and even the relocker and unlocker and NONE OF THEM am i able to flash, if i try it through the cable, i get an error (dont remember which one because i am not in my house to try it out and tell you guys). and if i try it through sd card, it just says loading and just stays like that, kinda frozen in a way!!! i need this fixed! if i cant get it fixed, i at least need it relocked so i can take it to sprint!!!!

EDIT: Just to let everybody know, the error is "ERROR [262]: UPDATE ERROR"

nxtech3 06-24-2009 05:28 PM

Re: HELP flashing phone!!! NOT A NOOB!

if you take it in to a store and you are running a stock ROM, i doubt the techs will notice its unlocked, we dont get paid enough to go through all of that lol

m_reyna_16 06-24-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nxtech3 (Post 994435)
if you take it in to a store and you are running a stock ROM, i doubt the techs will notice its unlocked, we dont get paid enough to go through all of that lol

i can imagine lol, but what can i do to fix this? i dont need a new one, i just need this one fixed!

DomSim 06-24-2009 06:47 PM

does it just say unlocked at the top? if so that is fine. look for if it says spl-o.xx.xxxxxx if the x's dont say 37.cmonex then you are fine. its not unlocked.

m_reyna_16 06-24-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomSim (Post 994619)
does it just say unlocked at the top? if so that is fine. look for if it says spl-o.xx.xxxxxx if the x's dont say 37.cmonex then you are fine. its not unlocked.

it says this:

Security Unlocked

RAPH800
SPL-0.35.0000
MicroP-Hermann (LED) v0C85
MicroP-Hermann (KEY) v0685
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20

Rourke Swift 06-24-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 (Post 994647)
it says this:

Security Unlocked

RAPH800
SPL-0.35.0000
MicroP-Hermann (LED) v0C85
MicroP-Hermann (KEY) v0685
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20

It's locked. "Security Unlocked" doesn't mean anything. Check the Hard-SPL thread in the upgrade forum for confirmation if you're still unsure, but SPL-0.35.0000 means you're locked.

m_reyna_16 06-24-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rourke Swift (Post 994669)
It's locked. "Security Unlocked" doesn't mean anything. Check the Hard-SPL thread in the upgrade forum for confirmation if you're still unsure, but SPL-0.35.0000 means you're locked.

thats good to know, now i know that i need to unlock it! the problem is, how can i do it if, by what the error code in the first post says, it has connection problems, i think lol! if i try and do it through sd card, it just says "loading..." and nothing happens!

Rourke Swift 06-24-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 (Post 994691)
thats good to know, now i know that i need to unlock it! the problem is, how can i do it if, by what the error code in the first post says, it has connection problems! if i try and do it through sd card, it just says "loading..." and nothing happens!

I searched the SPL thread for your error code and came up with a couple of possible solutions, including this one that seemed to work for a few people with the same issue. Might be worth giving it a shot.

m_reyna_16 06-24-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rourke Swift (Post 994694)
I searched the SPL thread for your error code and came up with a couple of possible solutions, including this one that seemed to work for a few people with the same issue. Might be worth giving it a shot.

thanks, tried that, but no luck! since you mentioned the word search, i remembered i had forgotten about my friend google, so i searched and saw taht people had upgraded their spl first and then tried it from scratch and it seemed to work. but, if im not mistaken, there is no spl update yet right?

Rourke Swift 06-24-2009 08:07 PM

Hmm... and you're definitely using Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037 and do not have your SD card in when trying to do it via ActiveSync?

I'll keep digging for ya, seems a little strange...