PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 01:15 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Talking WM 6.5/touchflo tap delay fixed. CONFIRMED!!!! Get it here.. UPDATED

Ok. I know this is in the wrong forum but I think this is bugging alot of people. I was using calk's newest kitchen (which is awsome, thanks calk) and the tap delay was still there. I still use touchflo because not everything works without it. I found the following reg entry in the rgu in OS folder in the kitchen:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GWE\Touch\Filter]
"MinimumTapTime"=dword:28 ; 48ms minimum touch time

Change to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GWE\Touch\Filter]
"MinimumTapTime"=dword:01 ; 01ms minimum touch time

This has competely removed any and all delays. Please let me know your
results.

UPDATE: I can only get this to work if it is cooked in. You have to edit the rgu. Nothing appears to actually change in the registry. Drop the attached rgu (touchflo fix.rar)into the os folder (located inside the sys folder) and overwrite the existing rgu. Then cook and now there is no delay. Please post your results.

UPDATE 2: I have cooked 7 different roms. Using this adjustment fixes all delay problems in every cooked rom. I can confirm that this works. Now if we can figure out a way to cab this up or figure out why nothing seems to change in the registry we can help people that don't want to reflash or are using a different rom. Anyone?

UPDATE 3: SBR L3GION whipped up a cab for anyone that doesn't want to reflash or mess with the registry. Be sure to stop by calks thread and that him for this cab. I haven't tried it so if someone can confirm it works please let us know. Thanks.... Also people have reported that simply editing the registry has fix this them and others including myself had no luck with this method. Try the cab and thank calk and SBR L3GION for helping resolve this exrtemelt annoying issue. OEM ADDED.

Last edited by ptfdmedic; 07-15-2009 at 03:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I think I fixed tap delay in 6.5/touchflo. Please Confirm..

mine was set to 40

using JD's newest release

Old 06-24-2009, 02:29 PM
ptfdmedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
mine was set to 40

using JD's newest release

R u saying there was no delay with 40ms?
Old 06-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

scuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on rep

is this the tap and hold delay? i set mine to 1 and reset and the tap and hold speed seems the same...
Old 06-24-2009, 03:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

NightRaven is keeping up the good workNightRaven is keeping up the good workNightRaven is keeping up the good work

This fix worked perfectly for me! This was the only annoying issue I had left. Thank You!!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

What tap delay is this fix for?
Old 06-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

Naldiian is a n00b

I assume it is the minimum amount of time that a touch on the screen must last before the OS accepts it as intentional input - the delay is to reduce stray, accidental input.

This is probably a tough thing to get right because you will likely see some accidental typing and multi-character input with the delay set too short.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:35 PM
ptfdmedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
What tap delay is this fix for?

Lately with the 6.5 roms (at least with tflo installed) you would have to touch hold and then release to select things. For example, if you wanted to change themes or browse file explorer you would have to tap and hold for 2 sec or so then release in order to select an item. I don't know if this was intentially done by microsoft or it was a conflict with touchflo but it was really annoying. You still have to install touchflo if you want finger scrolling through out all the apps. The new physics engine does not work in word and a few other apps, but everything works with touchflo intalled. The only side effect was the delay in response when touching the screen. It could get so bad that it would seem to be unresponsive. Calk added a tweak to his new kitchen to reduce this but I was still having the same problems. Adjusting this fixed everything.

This does not seem to work by just editing the registry. I had to edit the the rgu inside of the os folder in the kitchen in order to get this to work. It's the last entry in the rgu. I don't know if calk added this entry or it is new to this build. But changing both to 01 removes all delays and conflicts with touchflo. I also noticed this in juicy's new kitchen but they are still set to 28 and 42ms. Maybe it's new to the build.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:42 PM
ptfdmedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuccia View Post
is this the tap and hold delay? i set mine to 1 and reset and the tap and hold speed seems the same...

It doesn't work by editing the registry. If you go to this entry in the registry then it apears to do nothing. You have to cook it in. After you adjust the rgu everything works perfect. If you go to the registry after you cook this in it doesn't appear to have changed anything. Something is changed though because now it works.

If someone can shed some light on this....
Old 06-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

scuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
It doesn't work by editing the registry. If you go to this entry in the registry then it apears to do nothing. You have to cook it in. After you adjust the rgu everything works perfect. If you go to the registry after you cook this in it doesn't appear to have changed anything. Something is changed though because now it works.

If someone can shed some light on this....
Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro