PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TF3D - annoying issue: (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72681)

trevor_g 06-24-2009 11:54 AM

TF3D - annoying issue:

Hi guys -

Hope this wasn't answered somewhere else (I've been searching for hours looking for a solution and had no luck here or at xda). As a Mobile Shell 3 user, I'm looking to shift to TF3D only if I can figure this out:

The email message count (on TF3D's email button) is linked to my 'Activesync' email account (syncs with my PC's Outlook), and displays the new message count for that account only.

This is very annoying, especially because I receive a lot of email during the day and I want that message count to reflect the new messages I've recieved in my POP3 email account instead.

In MobileShell3, you can actually select which email account you'd like the message count to display, so I'll stick with that if there's no way to change this in TF3D.

I hope this makes sense to someone... ha ha.

Thanks in advance!

workindev 06-24-2009 11:56 AM

Re: TF3D - annoying issue:

TF3D shows the total new message count across all email accounts for me.

bruceo 06-24-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevor_g (Post 993674)
Hi guys -

Hope this wasn't answered somewhere else (I've been searching for hours looking for a solution and had no luck here or at xda). As a Mobile Shell 3 user, I'm looking to shift to TF3D only if I can figure this out:

The email message count (on TF3D's email button) is linked to my 'Activesync' email account (syncs with my PC's Outlook), and displays the new message count for that account only.

This is very annoying, especially because I receive a lot of email during the day and I want that message count to reflect the new messages I've recieved in my POP3 email account instead.

In MobileShell3, you can actually select which email account you'd like the message count to display, so I'll stick with that if there's no way to change this in TF3D.

I hope this makes sense to someone... ha ha.

Thanks in advance!

Why are you synching to your PC's outlook email. IMO you should route all your pop accounts to a gmail account and then use IMAP on your PCs outlook to get your mail and then don't check the email box to sync between your PPC and PC. Then setup imap on your PPC. Therefore all your email stays in sync at all times not just when you connect to the PC for a sync. Does that make sense?

trevor_g 06-24-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruceo (Post 993710)
Why are you synching to your PC's outlook email. IMO you should route all your pop accounts to a gmail account and then use IMAP on your PCs outlook to get your mail and then don't check the email box to sync between your PPC and PC. Then setup imap on your PPC. Therefore all your email stays in sync at all times not just when you connect to the PC for a sync. Does that make sense?

I hear ya... I suppose I could resort to that.

I'm sync'ing with Outlook simply because it's useful to have a record onhand of email I've received on my main PC. Since I'm often away from my desk, I can take a look at these messages and respond to those I haven't from my device.

So this account + a POP3 email on the device itself = I'm never without any of my email.

Strange that this functionality isn't built in to TF3D to begin with. Mobile Shell3 caught that one.

trevor_g 06-25-2009 04:32 PM

Bruceo -

Took your advice and moved to IMAP (after some research - I was unfamiliar with this option!) . I should've done this a LONG time ago. Thanks for your suggestion!

However -- I'm using Juicy8's latest ROM, and this is what I'm experiencing in case you have some insight (I posted the below message in the Juicy8 thread too, but wanted to include it here too since you're obviously an IMAP user):

"Love this ROM, but I MAY have discovered an email-related bug:

I'm using IMAP, and I have it set to download the last 3 days of email ONLY. However, everytime I send/receive, it downloads my entire inbox (800+ messages!). Very annoying, and I can't stop it from doing this.

Anyone else?"