PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TP Radios In Different States (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72628)

Lilhgarcia 06-23-2009 10:20 PM

TP Radios In Different States

I havent seen a thread about people posting there opinion of which radio is best for the touch pro in there city/state

So i decided to start a thread because im going traveling all over soon and i can't find any information and this can help other people decide

Ill start off

Cherry Hill New Jersey - Telus Radio

Mr_Alexander 06-23-2009 10:23 PM

Re: TP Radios In Different States

I'm doing great in the Tampa area with the Telus radio as well.

sc00b4s7eve 06-23-2009 10:43 PM

Thriving with great battery life in often-poor reception areas in
Western CT.
US Cellular 1.07.06F

Snoman002 06-23-2009 11:09 PM

Not to be a downer, but there is a huge thread detailing which radio works best in varius cities. I believe that there are now 51 cities listed with multiple radios tested for most of the cities.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56611

Its a Diamond thread, but since the hardware is the same, other than the keyboard obviously, it applies to the TP as well.

janko10 06-23-2009 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilhgarcia1123 (Post 992878)
I havent seen a thread about people posting there opinion of which radio is best for the touch pro in there city/state

So i decided to start a thread because im going traveling all over soon and i can't find any information and this can help other people decide

Ill start off

Cherry Hill New Jersey - Telus Radio

I need to try the Telus radio.

digitard 06-24-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Alexander (Post 992883)
I'm doing great in the Tampa area with the Telus radio as well.

Question. I see you're alltel, and using the Telus radio.

While I'm pretty familiar with applications, and ROM installation I know NOTHING of the radio side.

When you installed the Telus radio did you have to change anything else? What improvements were there?

I guess I really just dont understand the Radio side to it's fullest. I'm just looking to try something to improve reception, and I see in the thread above (the states thread) that Phoenix seem's to work best w/ the Telus radio as well. Since I'm getting "eh" signal in places where I got 4-5 bars w/ my Blackberry's I want to try something... anything. It's just that I dont want to make a change that I don't understand fully.

elosogrande7076 06-24-2009 02:19 AM

Im in Tampa also and im using the new Verizon Radio. Telus was working for a little bit but i was getting my calls and txts late. So far this radio has been the best when it comes to signal strength....even at my job (verizon) where reception is terrible.

k_semler 06-24-2009 02:31 AM

I'm using 1.14.25.35, and GPS lock on takes a matter of seconds, battery life is excellent at 65-80% life remaining after having it unplugged and on for 16.5 hours, (light web browsing, pull email every 60 minutes on 3 accounts, about .5 hour of watching TV, and light phone usage). My location is Pullman WA.

elosogrande7076 06-24-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_semler (Post 993207)
I'm using 1.14.25.35, and GPS lock on takes a matter of seconds, battery life is excellent at 65-80% life remaining after having it unplugged and on for 16.5 hours, (light web browsing, pull email every 60 minutes on 3 accounts, about .5 hour of watching TV, and light phone usage). My location is Pullman WA.

That sounds great....is that a GSM or CDMA radio? I asked because i dont recognize it from the post in the upgrade forum....just curious

CozBoogie 06-24-2009 12:44 PM

Given the refernece to another thread in post #4, I'm gonna close this one donw.

Thanks for your understanding.

late,
Coz