PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 02:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ppclover2 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Htc Touch Pro 2

exactly...thats what im saying...why is the TP2 even being released?!

and winmo can lag...especially on the mogul w/ limited RAM...even stock ROMs

I've given up on custom roms myself and stick to stock...they are more stable...but the whole OS can operate slower than other phones with different OS
Old 06-24-2009, 03:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
again i ask someone, whats so buggy..ive run stock for 3 yrs, no probs...

i never had winmo 5 so i cant tell ya what was different btwn that and 6.0....winmo 6 to 6.1 brought GPS and MMS and a better radio.. 6.1 to 6.5 brings today to titanium, TF3D2(which is like a stock tab and just smoother intergration really),new start menu(the honey comb), MS' stupid conerence call software... theres most of it..

i wont be jumping to a TP2 for sure, i may take an offical 6.5 rom though and just stay on the pro... i take way too many pics of my daughters with my phone to ditch the flash, thats what honestly is not even making me take a look at it..
Again I ask, have you tried a custom rom?....???.......

Apparently since you avoided the other question, or just missed it, but for the sake of this very long run on sentence, I'm going to say you avoided it, and by that, we can infer that you have not tried a custom rom.
Since you haven't tried a custom one, there lies your reasoning for liking stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppclover2 View Post
exactly...thats what im saying...why is the TP2 even being released?!

and winmo can lag...especially on the mogul w/ limited RAM...even stock ROMs

I've given up on custom roms myself and stick to stock...they are more stable...but the whole OS can operate slower than other phones with different OS
then go get an iphone already.
we all know that's where you're heading.
and older phones like the mogul are like trying to run vista
on a windows 95 computer that has like the 1gig of harddrive space.
It's not pretty.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:12 AM
Lurker

thedudelasse is becoming a great contributor

The Touch Pro2 is a good device now... But if it really will be launching in the fall in the States... It won't be able to compete against Omnia Pro and other devices

Diamond2 Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02zfo...eature=channel
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
then go get an iphone already.
we all know that's where you're heading.
and older phones like the mogul are like trying to run vista
on a windows 95 computer that has like the 1gig of harddrive space.
It's not pretty.

I will never understand why people get defensive when others speak the truth. WinMo is slower than any other modern Mobile OS. Playing with the Palm Pre, multiple Blackberrys and even the instinct tells me this. I can get the bb storm to slow down but not as slow as how my phone runs normally.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

69L46 is just getting started

The filings at the FTC indicate the Touch Pro2 for Sprint (I'm inferring that from the frequencies in the test reports) will be released 10/31/09. Look for NM8RHOD in the OET database. There are multiple models, but the one operating on CDMA freqs that also has GSM capability has a short-term confidentiality end date of 10/31/09. This was spot on for the TP1 and is also consistent with the leaked roadmap that had the TP2 being released 3Q 09.

BTW, GSM capability is a definite plus if you ever travel to Europe. (US GSM freqs are firmware disabled on the TP2).
Old 06-24-2009, 08:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
I will never understand why people get defensive when others speak the truth. WinMo is slower than any other modern Mobile OS. Playing with the Palm Pre, multiple Blackberrys and even the instinct tells me this. I can get the bb storm to slow down but not as slow as how my phone runs normally.
exactly...just because i speak the truth doesnt mean im willing to spend 200 for cancelation and then get another phone with another company just to dish out more money

all im simply doing is wondering why they wont fix their known problems and continue to let them follow from device to device...and im asking...wuts the point of the TP2
Old 06-24-2009, 09:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

dont get me wrong...i love Winmo when it works smoothly, the capabilities are endless compared to other devices. But i've tried the custom ROMs...eventually they all begin to lag...and now there's a million custom ROMs...its hard to even tell which one to go with

back in the mogul days you only had maybe 10 at most to choose from and you knew the pros and cons of the ROMs
Old 06-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppclover2 View Post
dont get me wrong...i love Winmo when it works smoothly, the capabilities are endless compared to other devices. But i've tried the custom ROMs...eventually they all begin to lag...and now there's a million custom ROMs...its hard to even tell which one to go with

back in the mogul days you only had maybe 10 at most to choose from and you knew the pros and cons of the ROMs
I've come to the point where I just want my PHONE to work how it's suppose to out of the box. On the same, token, the ability to tweak things is the very reason why I love WinMo. But it's a little ridiculous when you have to tweak the phone just to get it working normally or tweak TF3D to run smoothly.

Personally, I think flashing custom ROM's can be a little daunting for newbies. Sure there are walkthroughs and what not but why should you need to do that to maximize the phone? And like ppc was saying, there are sooooooooooooo many different ROM's, how does one know what's in the ROM? Personally, I like stock because the standard software and functions work and I can pick and choose which ones to remove/tweak. It isn't worth it to me to flash a new ROM and have simple things like Sprint TV or Picmail not work, but that's just me.

I guess I could always switch to a crackberry but I like being able to do simple things like change icons/themes.

And on that note, I don't really see the point of the TP2. Sure it has a "different/better" (subjective) keyboard and a bigger screen but the same hardware under the hood. Doesn't seem like a worthy upgrade when TF3D is already laggy on the TP and it'll probably be even laggier with a bigger screen since it has more pixels to draw..

Last edited by blazinazn; 06-24-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

I agree, Im gonna stick with my TP1 until the end of next year when I can renew..maybe a better phone will be out then, who knows...

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

In my mind, the screen is worth it. I work at a high tech, high security company with every internet site blocked. I use my phone constantly to surf the web during the day. Also to watch Slingbox... (I sound like a horrible employee) But, it's worth it to me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro