PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 05:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

okwassup is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to okwassup Send a message via Yahoo to okwassup
UDP packets /send receive why I cant

all the hacks wm and modding waoo , smart guys , and i cant get help for this at all, hope get lucky and one of them will read.

I use PDAnet to logg on my laptop., i used in the past and know a Moto Q with wm5.0., i logg online and all great , and my laptop is hooked with a router and from the router to a devise communicates on the net with UDP packets.

I have a Touch Pro (HTC) with wm6.1 original , and installed PDanet ,i can logg online ..etc but my device that needs UDP packets wont work at all, as soon as i plug back the Moto , the device kicks in and works .
HTC no go ., what is there to set up in HTC , it has no firewall., so what can i edit or do.??
peace
Old 06-23-2009, 07:14 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: UDP packets /send receive why I cant

whats a udp packet?

can u do it with wmwifi router???

pdanet isnt used alot from most of the users n here
Old 06-23-2009, 07:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

okwassup is a n00b

(User Datagram Protocol), its not like when you logg on a web site , if you loos or dont recive the packets , thats it they lost
protocol with no connection required between sender and receiver that allows sending of data packets on the Internet (thought unreliable because it cannot ensure the packets will arrive undamaged or in the correct order)
usualy used by games online devices where i think you dont want to be found ., i think

i HAVE TO SAY thank you for responding ., i cant get help , its hard to believe that all these smart hackers cant tell me what and why.
all my routers pc and devise with UDP issues are none touched , motorla Q with win 5 mobile works fine., then turn off moto activate HTC touch pro , hooked up with same PDAnet program ,no go.
PDAnet is maybe simple and easier to use , and i bought it and there is nothing to configure ., so i we know its not the issue , since its on the HTc and moto.
it is the HTC or win 6.1, or both.,not allowing it to recieve the packets or maybe send either.
peace
Old 06-23-2009, 07:37 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i still dont know, ive never even heard of this.... i dont even understand what kind of data your trying to transfer around... no offense but your grammer and english is a little rough, so even reading your posts is a little difficult
Old 06-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

And it passes TCP packets correctly?

Does it resolve DNS?

What type of data exactly are you trying to pass using UDP?

If it passes TCP but not UDP, either there is some weird software issue or you have a firewall in-place somewhere that is disallowing UDP traffic. And yes, it could be PDANet, since it has been individually configured on both devices, so there could be discrepancies in configuration.

Last edited by Mutiny32; 06-23-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

Also, UDP, as used in TCP/IP has an IP header, revealing the source IP of the datagram, so it is not anonymous.

It is just a connectionless protocol, so there is no data integrity assurance. But since there is no ACK, it has lower overhead and can be used for loss-resistant applications like VoIP, BitTorrent, and most real-time online multiplayer games.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

okwassup is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
Also, UDP, as used in TCP/IP has an IP header, revealing the source IP of the datagram, so it is not anonymous.

It is just a connectionless protocol, so there is no data integrity assurance. But since there is no ACK, it has lower overhead and can be used for loss-resistant applications like VoIP, BitTorrent, and most real-time online multiplayer games.
yes mutiny answered the question ., UPP packets are used for video ... games where you dont care about correction so much and accurate message, you need high performance .
and I think UDP rides with IP/TCP , something like that ,on top i guess like phone line where you can have different frequesncies ....etc

yes yes my english is all bad i wasnt a good student and english is not my native tongue.

ok lets aproach this in a simple way , most of you guys know how to edit settings in wm6.1 for communications ...etc , what is the difference in wm6.1 and wm 5.0 .?
there must be a thing that is blocking it in 6.1, if i can install 5.0 on my Htc touch pro and see if it works i would have done it., but dont think i can.
peace

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro