PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kgomen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Incorrect device information on HTC Touch Pro

Hi, i am a Sprint customer with an HTC Touch Pro and noticed some questionable information when i look under 'device information'. This is under start, settings (system tab), device information (version tab). For Current username it lists someone else's email address not my own. I tried to change it but it appears to be not editable. Also for MSID it lists another phone # not my own (MDN does say my own phone # though). Anyone here familiar with these settings? Is this normal? If not how do i correct them? Thanks.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Incorrect device information on HTC Touch Pro

Don't worry about the MSID being different at all... as long as your MDN is your phone number you're fine.

For the current username, that should be (something)@sprintpcs.com, and as long as you're able to connect to the internet with your phone, it should be correct.

Last edited by Rourke Swift; 06-23-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgomen View Post
Hi, i am a Sprint customer with an HTC Touch Pro and noticed some questionable information when i look under 'device information'. This is under start, settings (system tab), device information (version tab). For Current username it lists someone else's email address not my own. I tried to change it but it appears to be not editable. Also for MSID it lists another phone # not my own (MDN does say my own phone # though). Anyone here familiar with these settings? Is this normal? If not how do i correct them? Thanks.
MSID does not have to be your phone number... It can be a different number, usually with the same area code as yours. The MSID is a Mobile Subscriber Identification Number or mobile station/system identifier. Mine is different too. Long story short, if your phone works correctly, don't play with these numbers.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018

However, if you still want to correct them, call sprint's customer service and they'll walk you through steps to change these successfully.

It's not Necessary your phone runs fine with those as others have stated but if you're iffy about it and want them to be your info, contact CS they'll gladly help.

GL
Old 06-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kgomen is a n00b

Thanks guys. Who is the current username though? is that a sprint administrator or something? I would think it would be me because i am the user of the phone. It does say (something)@sprintpcs.com but that something does not resemble my name or my email at all.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If your phone was bought somewhere else and not NIB then more that likely the previous user's name is currently in place.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kgomen is a n00b

No my phone was bought brand new at a Sprint store.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitz_1018 View Post
If your phone was bought somewhere else and not NIB then more that likely the previous user's name is currently in place.
This. And it can be corrected by calling sprint, but unless you're unable to connect to the internet (or are just really OCD), I don't think it matters.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgomen View Post
No my phone was bought brand new at a Sprint store.

It might've been a refurb? there's noo way it has other info if its factory sealed unless someone else set it up for you.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

All my phones on my account of some sort of email address that resembles my name. And 3 of my phones have been swapped out one time or another.

I have heard of people getting accounts transferred and the username/email stays as the other owner.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro