PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   New TXT message not clearing after being read in Thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72581)

relicstone 06-23-2009 02:28 PM

New TXT message not clearing after being read in Thread

Hello,

I am currenty running MR1 on my verizon TP. i have tried SSK roms and the same issue is there.

The Problem.
If i have my phone in a txt message thread and recieve a new message the phone will not clear the new message notification right away. if you recieve X amount of new messages while in a thread you have to close out of the txt and open it X amount of times before it clears them all.

Is any one else having these issue or is it just me. Is there a fix? I know that my older xv6800 never had this issue.

Thanks

lilbitz_1018 06-23-2009 02:31 PM

Re: New TXT message not clearing after being read in Thread

I'm having that issue but it really doesnt bother me. usually i just scroll up to the bold msgs those would be the unread ones. and shortly after I exit it will clear.

GL

Mylt1 06-23-2009 02:49 PM

if you read them then just click on the X to close the message it should show them as read.

mipstien 06-23-2009 03:03 PM

i was just about to post this same thing. i have this same problem on different roms, Erice, ssk, and others i think they are all on the 6.1 kitchens/roms. i actually got Vito SMS text to test it out and it works to fix the problem, but i consider that a workaround not a fix.
i would like this fixxed so i can use the standard messenger... any takers?

btw a little more info, if you have 1 message and read it then it takes a couple of seconds but if you click the message and hit ok before it fully loads it doesn't go away. also if you have multiple text messages like say
mipstien (3) it will only read 1 at a time. it use to work fine and still does on the stock rom and older builds of 6.1 threaded.

relicstone 06-23-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mylt1 (Post 992002)
if you read them then just click on the X to close the message it should show them as read.

yes but if your chatting via txt in threaded mode and recieve more than one new message per X out and close you have to go back in and clear each one.

Mylt1 06-23-2009 04:51 PM

then your rom has an issue. i was running SSK's rom for 3 months and only had to X out of the threaded message and it would remove the marker for new text.

eliguy620 06-23-2009 05:16 PM

Im having the same problem...ever since I upgraded to the new agps enabled MR2 rom...straight from HTC. Im not sure if its just a bug that they didnt figure out or what... But its super annoying.

A fix would be great...Im sure its a registry issue, but I don't have the know how to fix it.

mipstien 06-23-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mylt1 (Post 992229)
then your rom has an issue. i was running SSK's rom for 3 months and only had to X out of the threaded message and it would remove the marker for new text.

well that would be true except that it happens on a Lot of roms. apparently it may have something to do with the way manilla reads them, as mentioned by Scott (ssk). i don't know if that is true but i guess its possible.

Mylt1 06-23-2009 05:31 PM

i have used several roms including SSK's boreds and ppc kitchen and with threaded messaging on and running TF3d, all i ever had to do was scroll through the messages and click X and they were back to no new messages. give me some time and i will check it out again. i have just flashed to boreds 6.5 rom and got it working the way i want, but i will work on this tomorrow and see what i can come up with.

relicstone 06-24-2009 04:56 PM

I switched to SSK 2.1 wm6.1 a few hours ago. havent seen this issue yet but it might creep back up.