PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Incorrect device information on HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72576)

kgomen 06-23-2009 01:56 PM

Incorrect device information on HTC Touch Pro

Hi, i am a Sprint customer with an HTC Touch Pro and noticed some questionable information when i look under 'device information'. This is under start, settings (system tab), device information (version tab). For Current username it lists someone else's email address not my own. I tried to change it but it appears to be not editable. Also for MSID it lists another phone # not my own (MDN does say my own phone # though). Anyone here familiar with these settings? Is this normal? If not how do i correct them? Thanks.

Rourke Swift 06-23-2009 02:04 PM

Re: Incorrect device information on HTC Touch Pro

Don't worry about the MSID being different at all... as long as your MDN is your phone number you're fine.

For the current username, that should be (something)@sprintpcs.com, and as long as you're able to connect to the internet with your phone, it should be correct.

kidmet 06-23-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgomen (Post 991880)
Hi, i am a Sprint customer with an HTC Touch Pro and noticed some questionable information when i look under 'device information'. This is under start, settings (system tab), device information (version tab). For Current username it lists someone else's email address not my own. I tried to change it but it appears to be not editable. Also for MSID it lists another phone # not my own (MDN does say my own phone # though). Anyone here familiar with these settings? Is this normal? If not how do i correct them? Thanks.

MSID does not have to be your phone number... It can be a different number, usually with the same area code as yours. The MSID is a Mobile Subscriber Identification Number or mobile station/system identifier. Mine is different too. Long story short, if your phone works correctly, don't play with these numbers.

lilbitz_1018 06-23-2009 02:19 PM

However, if you still want to correct them, call sprint's customer service and they'll walk you through steps to change these successfully.

It's not Necessary your phone runs fine with those as others have stated but if you're iffy about it and want them to be your info, contact CS they'll gladly help.

GL

kgomen 06-23-2009 02:23 PM

Thanks guys. Who is the current username though? is that a sprint administrator or something? I would think it would be me because i am the user of the phone. It does say (something)@sprintpcs.com but that something does not resemble my name or my email at all.

lilbitz_1018 06-23-2009 02:26 PM

If your phone was bought somewhere else and not NIB then more that likely the previous user's name is currently in place.

kgomen 06-23-2009 02:28 PM

No my phone was bought brand new at a Sprint store.

Rourke Swift 06-23-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilbitz_1018 (Post 991954)
If your phone was bought somewhere else and not NIB then more that likely the previous user's name is currently in place.

This. And it can be corrected by calling sprint, but unless you're unable to connect to the internet (or are just really OCD), I don't think it matters.

lilbitz_1018 06-23-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgomen (Post 991968)
No my phone was bought brand new at a Sprint store.

It might've been a refurb? there's noo way it has other info if its factory sealed unless someone else set it up for you.

digiblur 06-23-2009 04:55 PM

All my phones on my account of some sort of email address that resembles my name. And 3 of my phones have been swapped out one time or another.

I have heard of people getting accounts transferred and the username/email stays as the other owner.