PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

vinnyt225 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question question about voice command

it seems like this app will only work when u press a button. i was hoping that u could just talk to it, hands free. It just defeats the purpose of it. i mean i know it announces calender announcements, at least i hope it does. can anyone give me more advice on how to make the most use out of this app? thanks fellas
Old 07-08-2009, 02:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Re: question about voice command

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...tutorials.mspx

Heres a pretty good tutorial, btw you will need the hack for Caller ID anouncement to work, this is a bug and should be fixed with the next rom upgrade if it ever comes out.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...allerid&page=3 <---thread about making Caller ID Anouncement to work
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 07-08-2009 at 02:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

vinnyt225 is a n00b

cool thanks, but i just wanna know if thre is anyway to can just talk to the voice command instead having to hold the send key? like i want a hands free kinda thing. is it possible? or do i always have to press a button to activate voice command? thanks
Old 07-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you don't push a button or do something to activate voice command, how is your phone supposed to know whether you're talking to it or your buddies?
Old 07-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

You can also use a bluetooth headset multi-function button, which is (IMHO) where VC really shines. But no, you can't just have your phone listening all the time, or every time you asked your co-workers to start Excel your phone would start Excel too, for example. Or on a crowded subway train everybody's WM phone would be doing all the same things at once. Awesome...someone says "call mom" and all of a sudden everyone in the room is dialing their mother.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyt225 View Post
cool thanks, but i just wanna know if thre is anyway to can just talk to the voice command instead having to hold the send key? like i want a hands free kinda thing. is it possible? or do i always have to press a button to activate voice command? thanks
is this a serious question? how is any voice command program, whether it be built into a car, bluetooth, or any function, how is it suppose to know when to listen or is it suppose to be listening all the time? even onstar you have to press a button before it will activate, what are you asking?
Old 07-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

OP might be thinking of something like this. I once used a voice app for a PC that would respond to a name (very Star Trek, I know); it would listen all the time and when you said (e.g., "computer") it would beep and show a little icon saying it was ready for a command. But that was for a PC, designed presumably for a single-use quiet environment. Can't see this working for a mobile.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

vinnyt225 is a n00b

yeah i get it now. i was confused with the concept. i was thinking the same with bluetooth. thanks for clearing this up

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro