PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

lightkiller007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
unlocking sprint htc touch pro for verizon

ive been reading all over on how to do this but im not sure which way because there are many from what ive seen. now i for one have called verizon and sprint and this is what they tell me. verizon:i called them 3 times three different people told me to get the phone unlocked from sprint and boom just add it to my account. on the flip side i call sprint 3 times and get attitudes and they say sir we dont unlock phone, sprint doesnt unlock phones according to them. im very puzzled because to me it seem verizon knows what the hell they are talking about and sprint doesnt. i just want to know who is right, and if sprint is right how can i unlock this phone to work for verizon, or will print unlock it if i have an account with them. i would appreiate any help thanks.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: unlocking sprint htc touch pro for verizon

you'd have to unlock it yourself. probably similar if not the same as unlocking a sprint touch pro for cricket. use qpst for that. from what i hear though, verizon will not add a sprint branded phone to their network. there is a big thread here somewhere about it. so i think the only option would be esn cloning which is illegal.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:51 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Its not that Verizon knows what they are talking about and Sprint doesnt. Sprint does NOT unlock phones, they sell the phones to be used on their network, not someone elses.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-23-2009, 12:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
Its not that Verizon knows what they are talking about and Sprint doesnt. .
true, in general they are both totally clueless.....

~John
Old 06-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPhone 4s
Carrier: AT&T

bengalbull is a n00b

how do u unlock yourself?
Old 06-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Long answer short, you cannot use a Sprint Touch Pro on the Verizon network, there used to be a loophole but not anymore.

There's no such thing as a Carrier Unlock for CDMA phones
Old 06-24-2009, 02:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
Long answer short, you cannot use a Sprint Touch Pro on the Verizon network,
That is basically the answer for most people right there.

If you know a VZ rep who is willing to add your Sprint MEID to the VZ database, that will still work & the only other procedure that will work is the illegal method which can't be discussed here....

~John
Old 06-24-2009, 02:36 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalbull View Post
how do u unlock yourself?

well if you have ever seen the movie, Robin Hood Men In Tights, You have to call a locksmith!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro