PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   unlocking sprint htc touch pro for verizon (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72541)

lightkiller007 06-23-2009 10:38 AM

unlocking sprint htc touch pro for verizon

ive been reading all over on how to do this but im not sure which way because there are many from what ive seen. now i for one have called verizon and sprint and this is what they tell me. verizon:i called them 3 times three different people told me to get the phone unlocked from sprint and boom just add it to my account. on the flip side i call sprint 3 times and get attitudes and they say sir we dont unlock phone, sprint doesnt unlock phones according to them. im very puzzled because to me it seem verizon knows what the hell they are talking about and sprint doesnt. i just want to know who is right, and if sprint is right how can i unlock this phone to work for verizon, or will print unlock it if i have an account with them. i would appreiate any help thanks.

boredmug 06-23-2009 10:48 AM

Re: unlocking sprint htc touch pro for verizon

you'd have to unlock it yourself. probably similar if not the same as unlocking a sprint touch pro for cricket. use qpst for that. from what i hear though, verizon will not add a sprint branded phone to their network. there is a big thread here somewhere about it. so i think the only option would be esn cloning which is illegal.

nxtech3 06-23-2009 10:51 AM

Its not that Verizon knows what they are talking about and Sprint doesnt. Sprint does NOT unlock phones, they sell the phones to be used on their network, not someone elses.

jmorton10 06-23-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nxtech3 (Post 991460)
Its not that Verizon knows what they are talking about and Sprint doesnt. .

true, in general they are both totally clueless.....

~John

bengalbull 06-24-2009 01:46 PM

how do u unlock yourself?

ruskiyab 06-24-2009 02:17 PM

Long answer short, you cannot use a Sprint Touch Pro on the Verizon network, there used to be a loophole but not anymore.

There's no such thing as a Carrier Unlock for CDMA phones

jmorton10 06-24-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruskiyab (Post 993970)
Long answer short, you cannot use a Sprint Touch Pro on the Verizon network,

That is basically the answer for most people right there.

If you know a VZ rep who is willing to add your Sprint MEID to the VZ database, that will still work & the only other procedure that will work is the illegal method which can't be discussed here....

~John

nxtech3 06-24-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalbull (Post 993901)
how do u unlock yourself?

well if you have ever seen the movie, Robin Hood Men In Tights, You have to call a locksmith!!!!